Help needed : Uber Freight Load

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by domingueztruckingllc, Feb 19, 2020.

1. domingueztruckingllc

domingueztruckingllc Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2020
    I booked a load on Monday - one pick one drop. Once loaded I noticed on the BOL they added an additional stop. I called Uber and after 5 hours it was resolved and a stop charge was added. When I arrived to the delivery I was told there was no appointment and the load was not accepted. After 4 hours I was told by Uber that the appointment was rescheduled for 8am the following day (today). Now the receiving office said there is no appointment. I requested to return the load to the shipper. Uber states that we have to stick with the load until they accept it and would be getting paid layover fees until they do. Is this true? They dont even know until when.

Doealex Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Have them send it to you in writing. Fax, email something..

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They pay $150 to a dry van and $200 to a reefer per layover. I guess they can stick it. everyone knows where.
    I'd press them or the receiver to tell me when, when, when!

Doealex Thanks this.
  5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Man, this one is on you. You've absolutely GOT to call shipper and receiver when you are on these automated bid loads. This is what happens when you don't! I would not have left the shippers dock without a phone chat with the recip making sure all was good.

88228822, rachi and Doealex Thank this.
  6. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    Does Uber run your business for you?

You stated it took Uber 5 hours to respond to your first issue, 4 hours the second time. Unacceptable.

That’s $900 of lost revenue the way I run my business.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    LoneRanger, rachi and 86scotty Thank this.
  7. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    If you dont get a rate conformation in writing from them on the layover you will not get your money?

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Uber would never pay you that.
    Whoever takes loads from Uber agrees to be paid $40 detention and $150 layover. If you can't accept it, don't use Uber because with Uber f ups like that do happen. On the other hand, they happen with other brokers too but with the others the terms might be better.

9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013

10. Vegas unlimited

Vegas unlimited Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Uber, convoy, amazon, blablabla... staying away from them will be right choice.

11. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    Exactly my point and why I don’t work with them. The accessory pay will always be substandard. At least with a real brokerage there is typically never a 4-5 hour wait for communication just to find out if you might get paid for extra work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.