Help Please …

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 10modebryann, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I would definitely stay away from Crime, inc. Consider this: one of their lease operators ended up going to the Supreme Court of the United States just to be paid.

That means that Crime, inc is willing to pay for lawyers in order not to pay drivers. Does that sound like a good company to work for?

As for your speeding ticket, I would contact a traffic attorney from the jurisdiction where you were issued the speeding citation and see what you options are. Expungement may be in the realm of possibilities.

Otherwise, you'll have to consider following @pavrom 's advice and buy an Adidas track suit.

Trucker61016 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U have to take care of your license when u become a truck driver. Take this as a lesson now before u start driving. as u can now see how easy it is to lose everything you worked for with just a simple ticket. My best advice would he if u really want to start driving now, find a lawyer and see if they can get it reduced to atleast 10 over or less . u will still be hirable at that point. 15 over or more is unhirable. U will have to wait 3-5 years for anybody to touch you. Those are your only options.

4. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Dude, slow down. It's hard to understand what you are trying to say. First of all, were the tickets in the same jurisdiction? Or different states? Small town? Contact the JUDGE of the court that will adjudicate the ticket. If it is a small town, you are in luck. The judge will charge you like $300 to dismiss the ticket under the condition that you don't get any more within a certain time frame. As for the ticket itself, I am pretty sure a mega like Stevens will still take you. They underwrite their own insurance, as do most megas. So calm down and analyze things clearly.

5. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Let me tell you a little story...

I moved my parents from Miami to Vegas back in the first week of November. My Dad, who just turned 92, was driving his SUV while I drove the Penske moving truck. In Texas, we took one of my favorite roads, US 287, from just north of Denton. The plan was to hook up with I-40 in Amarillo. So just before we get to Childress, my Dad gets pulled over for doing like 94 mph. There is a sneaky-steep downgrade a few miles before you get to Childress. Usually, you won't think nothing of it until it's too late. And the cops LOVE to camp out near the bottom. I was like 20 miles behind him so I didn't know they had nailed him. When we got to Vegas he told me about the ticket.

So I called the courthouse. The judge was the one who answered! Can you believe that? She was a real nice lady. I told her what the situation was and asked what my options were.

She says, "Wow, 94 miles an hour. Who was driving?"

I say, "My Dad. He's 91 years old."

She says, "Ninety-one? Where was he going in such a hurry?"

I reply, "Vegas."

There was a moment of silence and then she says, "Well, God bless him. GOD BLESS HIM!"

So she told me that if I paid like $320 (I can't remember the exact amount, but it was roughly about $80 more than the ticket), she would dismiss the ticket providing he stayed clean for 90 days!

Ain't that a hoot?!

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Bro. Listen. Bro you should join the Army or The Marines bro. Jump out of good aircraft, blow things up. Bro. It's really cool.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    If i am not mistaken with your age it should be SON instead of BRO :)

8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    u can be cool at any age

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Bro. Listen. To be honest bro, age is a state of mind.

Linte_Loco and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Who would be in such a hurry to get to Crime, Inc to get two speeding tickets?
    They would still be there if you drove 62mph. That is the speed you would need to get used to.

11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Nope, some of them will go 65 mph

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.