Help please pneumatic tank drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jaykal81, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You might try Aloe Vera we have driver that use it. Thats and Cow teet balm.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hubcap

Hubcap Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    I tried it along with Cornhuskers lotion, Vinegar...And that is part of the problem is that I had been treating as a rash and it isn't. It is a chemical burn.

So when I found this out, I started looking at it differently. It has caused amputations.

x1Heavy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Your right its a burn, I think the cactus juice will work well. Im glad I have no reaction to cement, so of our driver get really nasty burn from lime also,

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Hubcap

Hubcap Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    http://www.neutralite.com/allergies.html

It doesn't happen to everyone, and I am into going as natural as I can. We have bought all kinds of stuff that doesn't work and I may have a cement allergy.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Dirty Diaper

Dirty Diaper Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Clear Spring,MD.USA
    Here it is the first of November. How did you fair with the cement burn? Heal up okay/ I am interested in what happened and how you are now. Cement is not classified as a HAZ-MAT material unless it is wet. Alkalai, a base as opposed to an acid, is most likely the chemical that could cause a "burn". Only after the cement is prossesed into concrete at a ready mix plant will the chemicals start to work. But you do know that cement that comes out of a shipper's silo can also be very hot and cause burns. Also a "HOT" air blower produces a high temperature as the air is compressed to unload a pneumatic tank. Usually 200 upto around 350 degrees are normal. Of course the cement or fly ash that is being unloaded heats up too. Is this how you were burned?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. leanright

leanright Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    phila,pa.
    If I ever decide to go pneumatic which I'm thinking about, I'll make sure I take notes when they train me ! Last thing I want is to be at a site and forget which hoses and what pressure ! Dangerous !

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. FreightBoss

FreightBoss Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    This was very helpful...question I just purchased an old pneumatic tanker and the "plumbing" I thought looked a little odd. The discharge hose is 4" so no problem there but the receiving steel piping (the fitting which I connect the hose from the blower to the trailer is 3"). The discharge on my Tuthill blower is 5". Is that to increase the air velocity or would I be better off with 4" everywhere?:Tank truck:

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. nathan9611

nathan9611 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2014
    You can go to youtube and put pneumatic frac sand tank, it will give you video's on how to unload a pneumatic frac sand tank. and more.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. callaghan44

callaghan44 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2015

What is the average load time for pebble lime with a pneumatic trailer and pup? I understand it depends on the diameter of the shute but i need an average time for loading and I'm also assuming that it takes roughly 55 minutes to unload. Can someone help me?

11. DraeBeEasy

DraeBeEasy Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2014
    It's been a while but what kind of blower do you have

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.