Help request's lacking information, Read this first!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Goodysnap, Dec 24, 2018.

1. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Or those who don't know cars and trucks have manuals(not the gearbox kind,those you READ thingies)

Another Canadian driver and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sideboom

Sideboom Bobtail Member

May 14, 2017
    Ah Yes! Communication skills - a definite asset to successfully operating a business.

I am now in charge of a small fleet and am now looking for people with DDEC V engines ( Western Star) that may be having problems with wiring harnesses and /or engine performance. We have 4 of these old girls and are having problems with fuel mileage and accessories. All 4 have completes rebuilds within the last 2 years, 2 have new ECM's and we still fighting to get a decent mileage. presently thinking we may have to find new harnesses.
    looking for a source other than OEM that may be able to supply turn key harness solutions. Our dealers tell us that the detroit harness is about 3 weeks away, our Western Star can't give any projection of a supply time.

4. hamNbeans

hamNbeans Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018
    I need help. My truck has 3 pedals but I only have 2 feet. What am I suppose to do?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
  6. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I really wanted to reiterate this part mentioned above here. Many times there are fresh members (with less than 10 posts--sometimes just one!) that post one-liner problems with no pertinent information and never follow up. Most of the times I'm willing to help...but NEED last 6 of vin so I can understand what configuration you have on your tractor/truck.

In addition, many truck OEM have these things called "Driver's Manuals" and "Maintenance Manuals" that go to great lengths of detail of what this flashy light means. RTFM...

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Then there are drivers that just assume all trucks of the same model are identical...........

8. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    There are SOO many options and configurations you can have for a commercial truck. It is NOT like a regular passenger car/truck that are very much cookie-cutter like. In my experience, there are several features that might be on a unit that vary quite drastically from the next, ergo, powertrain options. This is especially so in terms of wiring as some features can be on separate wire harness/pin locations.

9. Dwragon

Dwragon Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2022
    I agree with everything except putting full vins,that's a quick way to have a false lien or some other crap put against your truck.

10. DREAMCATCH

DREAMCATCH Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
  11. rob_low35

rob_low35 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2023
    That would be a great idea

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.