Help! Stuck in Seattle-Rear end gone!

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by BridgettAnn, May 13, 2012.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    My thoughts exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BridgettAnn

BridgettAnn Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Allen Park, Mi

Marty said they didn't check it at Western Star. Not sure why.
    It wasn't part of the inspection report. I will call them when the afternoon shift comes in to double check that.
    ~BridgettAnn

bender Thanks this.
  4. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    Checking lube levels isn't a part of a DOT inspection but it is included in a lube job. If they had checked and filled the diff then you would have resumed your oil leak and you would have known there was still a problem and the diff wouldn't have burned up.

5. BridgettAnn

Jul 5, 2011
    Allen Park, Mi
    Afterthought: If they would have checked it, they would have found it to be very low.

A: too much oil was lost to justify a four hour clean-up at sioux city.

B: We can prove that they didn't check or fill the diff oil.

C: If it were full at W.S, where did 4+ gallons of oil go?

~BridgettAnn

6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    if you are going to consider a lawsuit.

You really need to stop posting here. It is completely discoverable evidence for the dealerships.

If you are considering ANY type of lawsuit. This topic will come back to haunt you.

Go consult a lawyer or else figure out what you are going to do and stop posting it here. It is evidence that CAN AND WILL be used against you.

7. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    If they had checked the diff at Star and added 40 pints to fill it you would have known Sioux didn't fill it and there would already be damage in the diff at that point. Had Star checked and filled the diff your oil leak would have resumed from it's original leak source and minimized damage.

You can't prove any of it, people lie, but you know what happened.

It couldn't have been full at Star or you would have had the same oil mess as it had in Sioux after traveling 800 miles.

All the oil lost from the diff goes everywhere and is extremely messy but 4 hours of cleanup would never be justified without your prior consent and approval.

8. BridgettAnn

Jul 5, 2011
    Allen Park, Mi
    Well, I'M not suing anyone :) Actually, I am an outside party with an interpretation of what "I think is going on." The real victim here is someone else.
    *it seems like* the owner of the sioux city dealership is going to work with him, and a lawyer will never have to be a part of this ordeal.
    If anyone ever asks him if he posted here.. the truth is "no"
    But I think we've covered all bases here and have received lots of good info. Thanks to everyone.. and I'll be sure and let you know how things turn out for HIM. :)
    ~BridgettAnn

9. BridgettAnn

Jul 5, 2011
    Allen Park, Mi
    Personally... If I were the dealership, I wouldn't want any of these comments brought into light. I think it is more damaging to them than helpful.
    But who knows what angles they try to pull.

~BridgettAnn

10. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    if you are even married to the offended party...

You comments and conversation can come to light and hurt you.

Think about what you are really doing before you continue to post here and what you want done.

If I were the owner and found out you had a temp gauge and you thought there were a possible problem with it, the problem would be hung on your head, not mine.

I may sound like being a dink over the matter, but this is a business transaction and your taking it to public, while it may look bad for the dealer, shows you dropped the ball too.

11. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    If it would've been a pinion seal your leak wouldn't have stopped when the wheel seal were changed. If it was a pinion seal you notice it, especially if it was leaking that bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.