Help, truck wont regen

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by +bluebell+, Nov 19, 2017.

1. +bluebell+

+bluebell+ Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    trying to do a manual regen on a lease Kenworth t680 2016 paccar mx13. Tried holding down the manual regen switch for 3 sec, then 5 sec hell i held it down for a whole minute the #### thing never started. 1st curb sniffer/kenworth i ever been in. Am i even doing it right??? Any other steps i need to do besides turning the truck on and holding down the switch?? o_O:roll:

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    In some trucks you have to release the tractor brakes first, then re-engage them before pressing the manual regen switch. Maybe KW is the same?

+bluebell+ Thanks this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Is the regen light on?
    You can push the switch all you want , if it's no t needing a regen you can't force it with the switch.

AModelCat, Goodysnap and +bluebell+ Thank this.
  5. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    If the DPF indicator light/message center is calling for a regen, Breaks set, cruse control on, it will respond to the switch depression with a steady green light on the switch and after a few seconds, the engine speed will start to increase, and there it goes! But it will respond as you have described if the system is not calling for a regen.

+bluebell+ and driverdriver Thank this.
  6. kingkongslady

kingkongslady Bobtail Member

May 18, 2018
    Have a 2011 Kenworth T660 with Paccar engine keeps showing low Def fluid then stop engine and derates. Doser has to be pulled and then clear code P3843. Before it can clear the derate. Has anyone else experienced this and figured out how to fix it?

7. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Is your DEF actually low? If so, that could account for the P3843 ("Pump Module - Unable to Prime") code. Aside from that, I'd be looking at either a faulty DEF pump or blockage in the pickup tube.

8. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Flashing DEF light means you have a fault in SCR system. To clear DEFOI (Diesel Exhaust Fluid Operator Induced) faults, you just about need DAVIE. First, you need to find why DEF pump is not building pressure. Common problems are failed DEF pump and usually DEF will pour out when you disconnect the harness, plugged DEF filter, failed DEF doser, or wiring issue. Then clear the code after the repair, put truck in Regen til temps reach 575 F @ SCR catalyst, road test immediately four about half hour on interstate in cruise so ACM knows SCR is working. Fault code will go inactive and you can then clear fault code.

pushbroom Thanks this.
  9. Cool Breeze 7810

Cool Breeze 7810 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2019
    may need to change Def filter

Tundra670 Thanks this.
  10. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Something tells me. Pretty sure he’s got it figured out by now

11. FdEF

FdEF Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Ogden, Ut
    Come on bro it's only been a year lol

S M D Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.