Help with comdata cash advance

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by maggie1, Aug 21, 2011.

1. maggie1

maggie1 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    GAINESVILLE, Ga
    That may be the problem. I have been using credit instead of savings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    My comdata card only works on Maestro and Cirrus network ATMs. Not all atms will authorize cash withdrawal. Also the personal side must have been loaded before you can use it by calling 800-741-6060 and checking your balance. The ATM will ask Savings or Checking. I found using Checking always works.

It may take longer for newbies to get paid, the cards are usually loaded with a preset amount when you receive one. You have to wait for to be assigned to a truck and load to get advances against your payroll.

You should note the 210.00 is a weekly amount available up to 70 dollars every three days. The only way to access the money is from a comdata affiliated truck stop (pilot/flying J or TA/Petro , etc. etc...)

Double check this info against your companies payroll/advance policy. I hope this helps you.

Note: after you get your on regular pay, stop taking advances and use your own money from your direct deposit and use only the advance for truck reimbursed expenses. you will find your weekly check is greater with out tapping into next week payroll this week.

Dave_AL Thanks this.
  4. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    Good advice. As an alternative, you can purchase one of the Walmart money cards for $3. The first one you buy is not reloadable, but they'll send you a permanent one in 5-7 days that can be reloaded at Walmart (who will also cash your check and load it on the card if you want) or even by direct deposit. If you load $1,000 or more per month, there is no monthly service fee - otherwise, it's $3 a month. Can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. For more info, check out www.walmartmoneycard.com

Using your own bank account is best, but if you don't have one, the Netspend or Walmart card will probably save you a good bit in fees over Comdata.

5. maggie1

maggie1 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    GAINESVILLE, Ga
    Thanks for the help. Using the savings worked. My checks will be direct deposit after the first one

123456 Thanks this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Glad it worked.....

7. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    glad it worked.

8. Comdata

Comdata Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    maggie1 - Are you selecting withdrawal from savings or checking? It sounds like you're doing everything right, but if this is a cash advance from your company, you should be selecting "withdraw from savings."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.