Help with cummins isl9 280

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by joet247, Dec 12, 2019.

1. joet247

joet247 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2019
    hi, i'm working on a cummins isl9 and i keep getting a red stop engine light on. the code is 0555 which is Crankcase Pressure – Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range – Moderately Severe Level, i have replaced the crank case filter, the crankcase filter box, the crankcase pressure sensor, oil drain tubes, check valves, breather tubes,oil separator plugged. still reading 24.5 inH2O when accelerating. any ideas please help thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Did you check the wiring out yet??

pushbroom Thanks this.
  4. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    You most likely indeed have excessive crankcase pressure assuming your sensor is rational 0.0inhg KOEO. Next steps would include isolating the turbocharger and air compressor one at a time to note a decrease in pressure during operation. From there with no change its teardown time or run cylinder leakage test to check rings.

5. joet247

joet247 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2019
    Thank you. iv been trying to tell my boss that the motor most likely will need to be torn down. i am thinking it will be the rings or the sleeves. but i work for the city so they would rather me throw everything else at it before i tear it down... haha but i appreciate the fast reply!

6. Raffito

Raffito Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Conroe
    I'm Second Goodysnap! Had same issue on ISL9, change crankcase filter and still had code for crankcase pressure. Perform compression test and cylinder # 5 and 6 were bad..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.