Help With Insurance Issue

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ag1988, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Ag1988

Ag1988 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2016
    We paid a company $6200.00 down and after within 2 weeks the insurer decided to cancel. Im not too sure why they would charge me a down payment only to cancel 2 weeks later. I am in Miami FL and the company that canceled was National idemnity company of the south. Can anyone tell me if their is any other company i can get insured other than national? i cannot find insurance anywhere being a new venture this was the only company who took us only to cancel us. Can someone help me i would really appreciate it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I know in Jersey city they have a walk all in one places around the truck stop on 1/9. Get numbers, drug consortium, insurance, ect.

Maybe someone is near the 595 truck stop in Miami.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I was warned that they might do this.They probably insured you first to verify you later. They found something and they canceled. They prefer to take your money first and check you later. That is kinda scam but legal. They will sure return all the money to you but the prorated days.
    Try Berkshire Hathaway for the whole package. But it depends on where you live, your MVR record etc.also the insurers themselves probably will not talk to you directly, but rather through a certified agent. But there is plenty of them everywhere, just google them out in your area.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.