Help with trip permit questions

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by walter dennis, Jun 27, 2019.

1. walter dennis

walter dennis Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Trip permit.i have a Florida registration and my own dot. Numbers.need to go to Texas to pick up new trailer.if i purchase a Texas trip permit does this also covered the ifta or do i need a separate permit for the fita also?
    Thanks for any replys.
    Early times trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Trip permits are their own being. Ifta is only concerned with taxes, fuel, mileage you run in any or all states for the tax year among other things.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Do you have apportioned plates?

Do you have a Florida IFTA sticker?

For the past few years apportioned plates come with all 48 states on the cab card so no trip needed there

Your home state IFTA covers the same.

Now if you have non apportioned Florida registration, you need a trip permit for each state. Sometimes they offer 3 day [72hr] and longer options purchase what you need to go and get back...

Intra-Florida registration won't have an IFTA as they suspect you buy all your fuel in Florida and pay your fuel taxes at the pump so you will also need IFTA to cover each state...

5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    If you just have FL state tags, you’ll need a trip permit and a fuel permit for every other state you go through.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.