Help with truck spec

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by hannafarms, Oct 5, 2020.

1. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Maybe I missed it but Are you hauling heavy and off road or just 80k on the black top? Heavy/off road I’d probably go 46 rears with 3.90-4.10 or even a 4.33, if it’s a lot of black top then super 40 rears with a 3.55-3.70 and 13/18 should be fine

I’d look at kenworth, just because I like dealing with their parts guys and inventory when I need something, 99% of the time it’s in stock

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 712alberta

712alberta Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2014
    The Western Star 4900 is a good heavy spec type of truck but from what I have seen are generally a little heavier than a similarly specked out Pete 379 or Kenworth W 900. I got out of the cattle business so I'm kind of looking to get back on the road full time threw the winter when I'm not busy with cropping and custom farming. For me it has come down to those three trucks with the smallest sleeper that still has a fridge, probably an x 15 cummins, 565hp 18 speed manual, super 40 or 46000 pound rears with full lockers, open should tires, and a moose bumper. Lots of critters where I'm at. Its going to come down to price and availability.

You pull into any feed mill around here with a load they ask what your last load was. If its anything other than animal feed, the trailer had better been washed out before you loaded, or the load is rejected. Glass is one of those things, can cause serious problems in livestock.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.