Heniff Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Cyanide, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Cyanide

Cyanide Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Just saying hey to everyone and that I hope everyone's doing well and not to freak out because my time off number is really, really low right now compared to what everyone is used to seeing with me. It's about to jump up drastically; I took all of last weekend off to hang with a group of my military friends (and catch a quick breather), and here soon I'll be taking about a week off over Halloween.

And to clarify for those curious, no, it wasn't just a 34-hour reset claimed as time off. I actually took off from Friday night after loading in Chicago until Monday late morning. Got a room for the weekend, had some good BBQ, watched some movies and football, and even ordered some Chinese delivery lol. Anyway...

From where my stats ended in the last update, I went from Baton Rouge and picked up the run I spoke of a few days back that took a total of 14 hours to load in Plaquemine, and took it up by Milwaukee. From there back down to the yard and pulled a couple of short out-and-back runs to Ohio and then Michigan before taking last weekend off.

Just finished up a load that emptied in Philly, followed by a tank wash and subsequent reload in Jersey that I preloaded for another driver that needed to get back to Chicago-land for home time. So, he took that one and I took his that unloads in Mass tomorrow morning. Then the joy of returning to Jersey, but hey, someone's gotta do it, especially since it's for a good load that's going toTexas.

But with all that said, I'm going to hush for now, as it's time to break out the weights and blast through another workout to keep up with the one I did last night. Have I mentioned that I love my job?!

Y'all be safe, more later... ;-)

Flip Flops, tankyanker and JohnBoy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cyanide

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good evening y'all, I hope this finds everyone well tonight. Just figured that I'd update all of my numbers before I get home in a few hours and take the next few days off. Had another decent week that started out last Friday by picking up a preloaded tank in Jersey that I shuttled down to Texas, followed by picking up and loading another multi-compartment tank that I brought over by Atlanta and had the pleasure of sitting for six hours while the customer unloaded all three compartments into 55-gallon barrels. Finally, once that was complete, I bounced down by Lee, FL and met with another driver; I gave him the dirty compartment tank and took the loaded one he brought in down to juice country, which emptied this afternoon. And now about to pass out and get some rest before finishing my trek home and getting ready for Halloween. Y'all be safe out there and have fun!

10-07 to 10-13

-Baton Rouge, LA (hook clean multi-compartment tank).....Plaquemine, LA (live load).....Menomonee Falls, WI (live unload).....Alsip, IL (drop dirty multi-cmpt. tank).
    -Alsip, IL (hook preloaded tank).....Oak Harbor, OH (live unload).....Alsip, IL (drop dirty tank).
    -Alsip, IL (hook preloaded tank).....Lansing, MI (live unload).....Alsip, IL (drop dirty tank).
    Miles: 2,421

10-14 to 10-20
    -Alsip, IL (hook clean tank).....Chicago, IL (live load).....Philadelphia, PA (live unload).....Newark, NJ (tank wash).
    -Newark, NJ (preload tank for other driver).
    -Newark, NJ (swap loaded tank w/other driver).....Milford, MA (live unload).....Newark, NJ (drop dirty tank).
    Miles: 1,432

2012 Totals (from 08-19)
    Gross: $11,298
    Hub Miles: 18,258
    Avg: .618/mile
    Days Working: 55
    Days Off: 8

tankyanker Thanks this.
  4. soundman11568

soundman11568 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2009
    alabama
    I wish i could be like my hero. Carlo and slack all the time

Cyanide Thanks this.
  5. Cyanide

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good morning to everyone, hopefully this finds y'all well. I'm finally back to work after another six days off. Just making a quick update on things before rolling out and finishing this run over to Texas. The next couple of weeks are pretty set for me, as I loaded Friday afternoon in Savannah and relayed that one to Kingsport, TN (it delivers in MI Tuesday). Grabbed a load there yesterday morning that I'll kick off tomorrow, and then will do a turn between Texas, CT, NJ, and back down to Texas again. So it should make for some pretty decent paydays (the TX-CT-NJ is tentatively paying around $1,200 before any possible detention should I get held up).

So yeah, I reckon you could say that I am very happy here (and so is that wanna-be slacker, Soundman lol). Okay, that's an understatement! Can't argue with running and making good revenue, as well as getting the time off I want and need. Anyway, y'all be safe and have a great day out there. Catch ya later!

6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    trying to unload with truck air is very taxing can't get over 9psi. on the load. no tool box for the fitting's,clean or dirty. no pay for the reset in freeport, which i surely miss from superior. every week is a mystery of how much my check will be, being paid on percentage. too much uncertainty,not used too. like mileage better, at least i can get a ballpark figure of miles ran loaded or empty. % of low paying load is still low pay.i'll get a few checks in pay some bills, but this won't last past the 1st of year....

7. Cyanide

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Eric, I'm sorry things aren't exactly to your liking here but I am wondering just how bad it is for you? Honestly, how are you making out money-wise? You're what, a little over a month into it here now?

-How long are you staying out running? Are you shooting for home every weekend or every other weekend running regionally?
    -I stated on here plain as day for everyone to see that there was layover pay only on a case-by-case basis. Normal resets on the road aren't one of those.
    -As for % pay, are you asking dispatch what the line-haul rate is on the loads you're doing? It's not secret info, ya just have to ask for it. And personally, I'll take percentage pay over mileage any day of the week because I'm making out much better here than I did at Superior though they paid for every little thing you could imagine. And also while driving much better equipment; namely, a truck with a sleeper on it that has actual usable, living/storage space for my time out here.
    -True, our trucks have no specific fitting box like Superior however, there is a small storage shelf between the door and batteries in your battery box that is plenty big enough for all of our issued fittings. I'm pretty sure that the shop would be happy to put a box on in place of the frame steps for you if you request.

Just saying...

8. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Cyanide I have seen your numbers and taking percentage pay and averaging it into mileage in my opinion is not proper figure. You should be breaking it down by day being your percentage. mostly your pay is around 195-200 a day. not impressive. Just average.

500 miles a day at average mileage pay equals the same.

Cyanide Thanks this.
  9. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    I worked for IRT when I was laid off from my real job as a ltl line haul driver for Reddaway. When I drive I make .55 cents a mile(exact miles) and when I wait I make $23 an hour. Also I don't have a problem grossing two grand a week on my 3 trip week and $1500 on my 2 trip week.Plus I am off every weekend. I dont get on here and hype my $83,000+ a year job. But For you I just did. So don't worry I do not feel put down by your comments thinking you have something special.

All I am trying to point out is you are not a mileage driver. You are a daily pay based on average of load pay, your fooling yourself if you think otherwise. So converting your hourly and accessorial pay in to .61 cents per mile is highly inaccurate.

So your breakdown. Shows Gross $11,298 / 55 days worked.Thats $205 a day over your whole employment there Meh!. I wonder how many $300 weeks are included in that. And your surprised another driver is unhappy.
    That is Extremely low pay for dealing with multiple compartment Haz Mat Loads. and NEVER being home.

You want to be honest and straight forward lets see a weekly breakdown of income. Example would be this week I made $300 next week I hope to make $1000

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    Cyanide Thanks this.
  10. Cyanide

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Comparing a union LTL gig to OTR is apples to oranges. Yep, I did fly off because all you do is brag about running all those big miles at IRT. And btw, I've only ran 3 multi-compartment loads here; everything else is single pick/single drop, with around only about 40% Hazmat, and the receivers are doing roughly 85-90% of the unloading.

My numbers are all right there on a weekly breakdown. Is it that hard to understand that I am averaging about $1,255 a week gross, and that includes my week off? I haven't had a $300/week followed by a monster week as you would put it. I schedule my time off so my pay stays even and consistent from week to week. You wanting to keep up on daily pay is ridiculous. Ever heard of looking at the big picture?

As for never being home, I just added another week off over Halloween so I'd say my time off isn't bad, but compared to some union boy who gets all the bells and whistles AND home on the weekends of course it looks bad. Then again, everything does to you guys if it isn't friggin' teamsters. I congratulate you on being able to be a union boy. But how many union chemical tank outfits are there and, in FL??? I also don't envy you having to worry about being laid off (unless you're now retired). That must really suck going from 83 grand a year to working for IRT while you waited to get called back.

As for the other driver here, how it works out for him is completely different from me. Two separate, different individuals. If it works for me here but not him that's how it goes.

What matters is that Heniff works for me, even if it doesn't work for you or anyone else, If I make in the neighborhood of $65,000 while not killing myself only running around 110,000 hub miles, with a week off every month who in the world are you (or anyone else) to say it's not a good deal?

stormin_norman66 Thanks this.
  11. Cyanide

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Socal, ask and you shall receive.

Guess I'm gonna have to do my blog like I used to back in the old days and put my weekly gross in there as well, huh? Anyway, here's every mile my truck has turned, be it loaded or empty, on or off duty. Be safe out there! ;-)

Week-Gross-Hub Miles
    #1: $872.25 - 801
    #2: $1,338.39 - 2,651
    #3: $1,114.07 - 1,636
    #4: $711.84 - 1,620
    #5: $1,995.75 - 2,894
    #6: $1,128.50 - 2,339
    #7: $1,476.06 - 2,464
    #8: $1,565.21 - 2,421
    #9: $1,096.56 - 1,432

I gotta get rolling now on this run that I just picked up preloaded in Texas. Going to CT then will bounce down to the tank wash in NJ. Going to pay me $1,179 before any possible detention pay for about 1,900 miles between Point A-B-C. More later on...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.