Hep C and Driving

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Jefferyz, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jefferyz

Jefferyz Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Minneapolis,MN
    Has anyone been on Hep C meds, like interferon and riboviran and and drove truck. Im a driver but have taken time off to treat my problem but may need to work one or two days a week. Just curious about any other drivers experiences while on the Hep C meds.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    I don't believe those drugs are on the restricted list.

The one or two days a week may be an issue though.

4. halfgear

halfgear Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Rome
    i started my cure november 09 and finished last november. I had to stay home the first two weeks of the cure because of high fever but was able to work ever since. I was on 6 pills of ribavirin a day and one shot of interferone a week. The doctor said to stay home the day after the shot, and i did,didn't work on sunday all of last year,but after the first couple of months i could had worked everiday

5. Jefferyz

Jefferyz Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Minneapolis,MN
    Im on both of those drugs, interferon and ribov, But im also on 3rd phase trial drug. pretty good trial drug too, im undetectable at 4 weeks in. but still have to do the three for first three months and inter/ ribo for the last three. after the shot the next couple of days or so are hell. Thanks for your reply. As for working a couple of days a week for me its no problem. I was working for ruan last year running new Bob Cat equip. from MN to New England states every week But got to sick at begining of year and went back to the Driver Agency I worked for the last 5 years prior. Its called Pro Drivers. There in most states but not OR. Just curious is there such a place as cornhole, Oregon The drugs are legal but there are some rough side affects. Thanks for the input:yes2557:

6. halfgear

halfgear Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Rome
    I know side effects can be rough, i tought about quitting many times.Phisically i was ok after the first month or so, except for a bit of fever and a few aches here and there the day after the shot. But the drugs affected my mood badly after the 6th month. But it was well worthed, i was also undetectable after the first month, and have been ever since. Did my last test last month and gonna see again the doctor next dicember.He said that if everithing is negative after 12-18 months than the chance of staing negative are 98%.
    I wish you all the luck with the cure and your job dude, take care

7. G.higgi0690

G.higgi0690 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020
    I just got off the epclusa a few days ago. This med has no side effects SB's us not on the banned list.. good luck with all that you do

8. G.higgi0690

G.higgi0690 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.