Here I come Con-Way Freight LTL

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TakinItEasy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    True. Although about 85% of the time I go to the same hub. It is almost like being on a bid run. But that 15% where you get to do something else is a nice change of pace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carl320

carl320 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Somewhere, IN
    I was on the flex board at my previous terminal, and I didn't mind running all the different P&D routes, after I got used to them. It was nice to have some variety in what I did on a day-to-day (and week-to-week) basis.

Although having a set start time wasn't bad at all :yes2557:

4. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I have no problem with extraboard. I started extraboard, and moved clear across the country to get a bid run..Im the guy that will take off any given night to let a junior guy run, because I know what its like to be on the bottom and starving, and I have school and other income so taking off is not a big deal to me. But this e-b guy is an absolute brown noser that hangs with the TM outside of work, so he gets to do as he wishes..

5. Droid

Droid Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2013
    What or who is an E-B guy?

6. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    sorry got lazy..extraboard...Do you meet any of our drivers driod..I see you are out of Idaho..UBI?

7. Droid

Droid Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2013
    I don't, run an FAC bid. That goat trail is no fun at night.

8. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    I know, but we run a meet with you guys at UOV...25 yrs I wouldnt expect you to be a part of tht #### show

9. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    oh come on stop it you're such a baby. i've been at my place for almost 4 years now, i have the longest route, the longest drive time, 80% of the time i have the most product in my truck, some of these guys are only punched in for 4 hours a day and we are on salary, so when i get back after doing a 9 or 10 hour day and see every has been punched out since 12, im a little annoyed but i dont really care. why are you gonna waste your time worrying about what other people are doing, relax man its just life we aren't getting out of it alive try to enjoy it some

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.