Here we go again..

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by WallyGator, Mar 31, 2010.

1. WallyGator

WallyGator Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Clearwater,Florida
    sold all my equipment to a guy that worked for me.well his driver wont drive a freightliner wants a pete or a kw.freind dident know what to do so he asked me for help.simple i said we went to the scrap yard and got a pretty red oval emblem.went over to his house tonight and gave it to him and his wife and said new driver for the truck and i hope he's happy with his large car we got him.LOL well i bought the truck back from him.now the question. should I fixit up or resell it and buy a newer one here's the specs.

1995 FLD120
    CAT 3406e motor with 310000 mi on rebuild inc turbo and all acc's
    80% tires
    60% brakes
    needs paint(bad)
    overall needs about $5000.00 in work

or should i sell it and buy a 04/05 truck from a dealer?

so what do you think p,s, i can do most of the work myself

thanks WALT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Well there is nothing wrong with an older truck but you might look into newer equipment since truck prices are still low. I have seen a 2007 mid roof Centruy w/ Cat in OKC for $25,000 and has warranty and seen some 03 and 04's in the tens, but were talking Freightshakers.

4. WallyGator

WallyGator Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Clearwater,Florida
    I dont mind Freightliners but im scared to spend alot of money for someone elses problem..I did that once at select trucks here in Tampa and learned my lesson.I got an 03 with every kind of warranty including factory and it made 6 trips to chicago in a 6 month time frame.it blew engion,trans,clutch and to top it all off it was a katrina storm truck. checked behind interior panels and found water leval marks.funny thing is detroit said it was in great shape:biggrin_25513: Walt

5. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    Gator if you can do the most of the work on it yourself why not fix it up. If it runs well use it and fix it a little at a time so you don't go broke. If I had the ability to do so I would ......but first I would need to own the truck. Just my opinion tho.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.