HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_25512:SORRY IF U THOUGHT I WAS BE UNBIASED, ,I would not wish the trainer on my worst enemy he sleeped half the time I drove talked argueing with his wife half the time he was up with me driving. He let me take a shower 1 time the hole week. He was short to answer any questions he was just flat out a no personallity ### hole , but thats my opion I have been in alot of different careers and run my own business for 14 years I dont teach that way speacally not to break the law.I dont beleave that any other PAM trainer will be any where close to as bad as this guy was, but I will see hopefully tommorrow.I talked to a couple Pam drivers out there 1 before I made my decision to get off his truck and that driver said that was ridicoulus and to do what I did and I have already thanked Him, and I beleave I will get someone , who I CAN TAKE ALOT OF WHAT I LEARN ON TO MY DRIVING CAREER.AS A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER FOR PAM. Not all the bad advise, habits what ever you want to call it I was getting from Mr.Zinkula. NOT TO MENTION THE BAD HYGENE AND BREAKING THE RULES MORE IMPORTANT THE LAW!!!!!!!! I WILL KEEP ON THIS THREAD TELLING WHAT I`M SURE WILL BE BETTER EXPEREINCES SOON WITH MY NEW TRAINER:biggrin_2554: The Real BRICKMAN:biggrin_1square2:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ricobull

ricobull Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    So are you with Pam Transportation or Dedicated? Or Decker? I am to start out with Decker, what have you heard if anything about them? I have read most of the posts but since you are" in the ####" I would like a fresh report.

4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Thank you for informing us of this guy Brickman. I will take his name on a list of any other bad trainer's along when ever I get on with them so I can refuse them right out of the school if I get any of these #######'. Trying to train woould be stressful and hard on someone when your already having to deal with paying attention to not making mistakes but somebody like that on top of it just suck's. I hope everything is going better for you now. Good luck!

5. The Real BRICKMAN

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_25515:TY for your thoughts ,I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW HOW HE WAS I`M now sitting in a hotel in dallas going to call 1st thing in the morning and hope to get with a decent trainer, know 1 can be as bad as he was!!!!!! I was trying to indure through it, but as they tell you if its not working out get off and get another trainer. I`ve delt with some crap in all my days, but just couldn`t do it for 3 weeks more with that ### hole. Just want to pay my dues and learn as much as I can, so i can get out there in my own truck and make some real money!!!!!!NOT 40 BUCKS A DAY..............................:biggrin_2554: The Real BRICKMAN :biggrin_1square2:

6. The Real BRICKMAN

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_25521: I`M with pam and under the sitution I`m in they are being good about it. Seeing I told them what was going on and they got me this hotel and payed for it till monday, and I can get a trainer here hopefully. I have heard good things about decker so good luck with them if I hear more RicoBull......................:biggrin_1square5: I`LL let you know. The Real BRICKMAN:biggrin_1square2:

7. ChipW

ChipW Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Chester, SC
    I do have to say one thing Brickman.... As a former trainer for PAM, I know for a fact that you have EVERY right to stop and take a shower while you are driving. The trainer can complain all he wants, but nothing he can do about it. Also, it's your own fault that you drove over 11 hours. I don't care what any trainer might say to make you do it, you just flat out say NO!!! If that trainer doesn't like it, he can call Tontitown and complain himself. I'll bet everything I own that he won't.

I'm sorry you ended up with such a dork for a trainer. Don't let it reflect your opinion of the company.... With a big company like PAM, once in a while a moron slips through the cracks...

I will say there are many trainers that will use you for a log book, but 99% of them are clean, considerate, and won't force you to do anything you don't want to.

8. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Do they reply to online app.'s? It's been almost a week now and I haven't heard a word. If I call them then I'm not going to be afriad to speak my mind about what they tell me because I don't want them promising me everything is gold only to find out later something is holding me back. All the work I have ever done was seasonal but have 5 year's under my belt so I hope they won't hold this againest me for a "steady" work history.

9. Lugnut1968

Lugnut1968 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Newnan Ga
    I am in the process of possibly starting with PAM Transport (have a final phone call to make Thursday). I have one question that I have not been able to find an answer to yet. I am planning to drive to AR for the training because I don't want to be without a ride for 3 weeks. Upon completing training in Newport AR do I have to meet my trainer in AR or will they pick me up locally in GA while they are on a run?

10. The Real BRICKMAN

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_25521:They pick y0u up and it will take 2 weeks. They tell you couple days thats B S.....:biggrin_2554: GOOD LUCK

11. ChipW

ChipW Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Chester, SC
    That's not always true... First, we do a lot of freight in GA, so your chances of being picked up within a week of completetion is pretty good. As a former PAM trainer, I have only once picked up a student that waited longer than a week....

Listen, anyone that is reading this stuff and thinking about joining PAM... Just because one or two people have had a bad experience starting out with PAM doesn't mean everyone will.. Remember, there are literally thousands of drivers that aren't complaining....

As I've said in my own post about PAM, it's not the perfect company.... Not even close... It's a starter company... But out of the large companies out there, PAM is one of the best.... I've talked to many many drivers that leave and come back because the grass just isn't greener elsewhere...

Rif Raf McQ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.