HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ricobull

ricobull Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Chip have you been to the terminal in Willard, OH?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lugnut1968

Lugnut1968 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Newnan Ga
    Yeah, I am going into this with 3 years of prior experience behind me. Granted the experience was 92-95 but trucking never really changes in the complaint department. Most people who have a bad experience will tell everyone they run across, while people that have a good expereince rarely spread that word. Had a choice of USA and PAM and have finally decided PAM (training starts 3/24/08 )seems to be the better of those 2 options. Most all of the complaints on both companies all seem to just be standard Murphy's Law stuff which is the norm for the industry. Truck Co says this, and driver says that, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Either way it goes for my personally I will keep those around here that are thinking it over informed.

4. ricobull

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Good luck as you start school. Keep us updated.

5. Lugnut1968

Lugnut1968 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Newnan Ga
    Was to start 3/24/08, called recruiter today and he looked at my application wrong. I sent it in on 3/17/08 and he had thought it was 3/07/08. He has others that submitted applications before me that have to go first so I am pushed back to 3/31/08. Oh well at least I get to spend Easter with my family instead of leaving out at 7am that morning :biggrin_255: and one more week of stocking up one the sex :biggrin_2559:

6. LadyLugnut

LadyLugnut Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2008
    LaGrange, Georgia
    Well the kids and I are glad you will now be here for Easter and for an extra week. :biggrin_2559:

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    If you search for things I've said about PAM and my time with them (from being trained to being a trainer) you will find that I had the same experience as Chip here. Don't believe for a minute that just because someone had a bad experience that everyone will.

Looking back on my near 5 year career as a driver, I can honestly say that I wish I'd never left PAM. I even tried to go back there a year and a half ago, but they wouldn't take me back. All because of a couple minor backing incidents I had when I worked there. It wasn't enough to fire me, nor keep me from any other job, however it seemed to be enough to keep them from hiring me back.

8. ChipW

ChipW Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Chester, SC
    I've been to willard a number of times.... One of my favorite shops... As long as your there first thing in the morning, you will be out that day unless it's something major...

9. terrym249

terrym249 Bobtail Member

I'm looking in to attending C1 in Ft. Wayne with PAM...would be interested in hearing your opinions the the school, etc. I"m from Michigan also...Kalamazoo.

10. ricobull

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    It's been awhile since I've seen something from Videodrome. Hope this means he is with his trainer and logging up the miles. Terry, I asked about the general area of the C1 school in Ft. Wayne, Vidoe answered me on page two of this thread. When are you looking at starting school?

11. terrym249

terrym249 Bobtail Member

I have to talk with the recruiter again next week...and nothing has been finalized yet...but I initially told him the earliest I would consider was April 14th...I could do the 7th...but I wanted some time to close out things at this end. Ours was just an initial phone chat to discuss the process, etc. We will talk more on Tuesday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.