Heres my options any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by truckerking2020, Jan 15, 2018.

1. truckerking2020

truckerking2020 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    So i have 6 months xp going to work out of nyc area likely for a otr position, the companies that said i am eligable to work for them and come to orientation is crete, swift, schneider, cr england, us express and knight. Anything i should be aware of when making my choice? Thanks.

SplashDogs and Need4Speed Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    6 month experience...if your record is clean and clear, tell all of those entry level bottom feeders that told you that you were eligible that they can kiss your arse. If you don't need training, do not go to a training company.

4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Six is dead on. If you have 6mo clean TT driving experience, regional, or even local, you can do better than those grinding mills.
    If you can handle a rig safely in the boroughs, and get around without tearing stuff up... you're WAY ahead of the game they're slotting you for.

AIM HIGHER.

5. TruckingPopeye

TruckingPopeye Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Kentucky
    My guess is, having worked in that area for a while, it is hard for the driver to find someone other than the companies that they listed. Anyone that has an idea of where he could go other than those companies would be providing better guidance. Unfortunately - I cannot help.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  6. truckerking2020

Jan 5, 2018
    What he said ^, i have another option that seems like a more private company who offered me more pay than the others the company is LIMITLESS TRANSPORTATION LLC, i dont know much about them and it is hard to find info.

7. truckerking2020

Jan 5, 2018
    Also i think when i boost up from 6 months to a year xp ill be more eligable and to move onto those other companies that are better.

8. truckerking2020

Jan 5, 2018
    I also gained 6 months xp out in midwest so i could use some xp in the buroughs wih a TT as well. Although i do know the area. Has anyone heard of limitless transportation LLC?

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you consider NYC home and wish to "Play" with a TT inside NYC because you know it very well, you have a big time advantage.

Consider this. Many drivers refuse to deliver into NYC, Hunts Point as a example. Or any place inside that city. YOU being local from there will absolutely get the loads from the west coast clean to NYC in time. If you can keep up with the situation and not burn out in 90 days you will write yourself a golden ticket.

I caution you to avoid the Megas. The mills as it were. You have no value to them beyond what they can extract from your disposible self.

10. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Check out some tanker outfits. Way better than those listed up there - Good Luck

TravR1, slim shady and NewbiusErectus Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.