hey all from newcastle

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Wrighty, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    newcastle Australia
    hi everyone my names kyle, i just got my HR licence (roadranger) and im looking for work... does anyone have any pointers/tips where to look ... i have a bit of experience in trucks as my stepdad is a driver... im from newcastle in NSW... thanks in advance

mrrolly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FCCOOL

FCCOOL Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Kyle I will soon be in the same position, just looking for somewhere to book training and assessment.
    Ive done the rta part a couple of months ago, also going for HR roadranger from a car licence. Ive got a few prices from places like suttons and alltrans, seems all ours up here now are between $1900 and $2100 but in Sydney they start at about $1000 but are only one day.
    Where did you get yours?

mrrolly Thanks this.
  4. mrrolly

mrrolly Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Kyle, heres a start....short of ringing up some agencies close to you and seeing if they have any work on offer.
    http://tradeyourjob.com.au/jobseeker/ (It used to be called TransJobs)
    Pick up a copy of Owner Driver, you may find something in their classified sections as well

FCCOOL - The only name that springs to mind is DECA, they only have one site in NSW (Riverstone). Years ago I got my HR through Royces driving school out in Silverwater (company paid for it but it was somewhere around $1200-1300 back in 2003-2004). It was done over a period of days the driving part (approx 2-3hrs per session, I think it took 3 or 4 sessions) then they took me out for the RTA road test and they arranged everything. Then just rock up to your local RTA office with the paperwork and presto! One HR Licence.
    http://www.deca.com.au/
    http://www.roycedrivertraining.com.au/

Good Luck Fellas
    Dave

5. FCCOOL

FCCOOL Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Thanks Dave, I ended up doing it over the weekend with Suttons in Newcastle for $1920 and it took 16 hours. Just have to go to the RMS now and upgrade my licence. As for finding work it seems a lot of companies want a minimum of 2 or 5 years experience due to requirements by their insurance companies, that's what makes it tricky to start. I am going to first see if I can find casual truck driving work outside of normal work hours since I already have a full time job. maybe some weekend work or work between 6-11 pm week nights even if it's just casual on call to fill in for drivers that want the weekend or week night off, I have worked like this before as a sidey for a car carrier company.

mrrolly Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.