Hey all

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MONT74, Nov 16, 2011.

1. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Hey everyone, I just finished Cdl school here in WA, and today I walked away with my new cdl. I submitted an app about 3 weeks ago with Gordon, and today I talked with Dave from recruiting there. I faxed him my driving abstract as he requested and hope to be hearing from him soon. He also told me that I would probably have to wait 4-6 weeks before he would have a trainer for me, so im hoping with that bit of info i will be getting an intent to hire here real soon. Also I have been giving a orientation date with Watkins&Shepard, but to be really honest with you, it scares the heck outtah me thinking that after 10 days I will be issued my own truck right at the beginning of winter. Anyways, Im pretty excited to start my new career and Im really hoping that it begins with Gordon.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    MONT74, I went through the 28 day training at GTI when I started driving. At the time , one of the thoughts I had was "I hope every one else on the road has more experience than me because I didn't feel qualified". By the time I finished I had learned so much that you can't learn in a classroom I was glad that at least I had the experience.

On another note, GTI trainers do not run as a team. You drive and do all required tasks the entire time. The trainer sits in the right seat and trains you how to do the tasks. Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  4. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Well after reviewing these forums quite extensive, I have come to the conclusion that Gordon is well worth the wait. So far I have been contacted by W&S, Schneider, Werner(never), and Western Express. Im sure if i made a few calls there would be many more on the list. But I feel Gordon is the Cats meow when it comes to newbie truckers(and experienced), and I can see the potential of a long standing relationship with them. Now all I have to do is wait for Gordon to get back to me and offer me a job. I know they are doing background on me now, so hopefully i hear from them soon.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  5. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    P.S. considering there are very few Gordon Guys here in forums, I would say that is a good sign also. Too busy working and no time to play on forums.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  6. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Got the call from Dave today, Gordon accepted my app and all i have to do now is wait for a trainer. Cant wait.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  7. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    WHAT it the CPM for a new driver fresh out of school and how much you get when you are out with your trainer. How is the miles after you go solo what is the average weekly miles

8. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    im a noob that doesnt even have a trainer yet, but I am being hired at 30cpm, my training pay is just under 9 bucs an hour, if after the first of the year, then it will go above 9 bucs. You are asking alot of questions that have already been answered here in Gordons forums, I suggest you spend some time here and catch up on some reading, lots of good information here.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  9. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Is there any trainers around here, or for that matter any Gordon guys at all?

10. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    so its really a 4-5 weeks for a trainer

11. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Thats what im hearing, im hoping it happens sonner then later, i need to start working.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.