Hey all

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MONT74, Nov 16, 2011.

1. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.

AS IT SHOULD. Driving in SNOW AND ICE IN THE MT mountains( w&s runs out there a lot) is not for rookies. You can hurt someone including yourself.

Congrats on your new choice and path in life. One word of advice, if it scares you to go some were, DO NOT GO. It could cost you your cdl. Build your experince and get proper training. Its for your own good.

Good luck.

Red Hot Mess Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    when i started with company july 2010 as a noobie after my 30 days with my trainer i was @ 28 cpm, pay and mileage is really based on which fleet you go on. after 6 months i was @ 29 cpm after a year i am @30 cpm. right now running any where between 2400 and 2900 miles per week on the nca fleet, which is nice, I talked to some of tc drivers they say its sucks not enough miles, and once you're on it they really don't want you to change fleets. Just remember @ orientantion and with your trainer ask questions and don't stop until your comfrontable, and training pay was around 230 a week.

4. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID

Thanks for the Info, I was told i will be starting out at 30cpm dont really know where it goes after that. Not really looking forward to training pay, but I have to start somewhere. You wouldnt happen to be a trainer would you?

5. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    also its 30 days driving on the road, so if your trainer does resets every week your stuck longer

6. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Talked to the recruitor yesterday, said i still have about 9 guys in front of me. Meanwhile I went and applied for my Twic card and got my cdl enhanced liscense. Trying to be proactive. Sure wish my number was up, im ready to drive.

7. BIGDADDYBEAR

BIGDADDYBEAR Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Lexington Park MD
    Congrats man. This waiting thing definetley seems like it would suck though. [​IMG]

8. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    A lot of mountain driving with gordon just be careful,But is a good company.

9. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Im actually looking forward to the mountain driving, i was born and raised in Montana, so snow, ice, and steep grades are no stranger to me, just have to learn how to do it in a big rig now.

10. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    so what is the average wait time for a trainer

11. SwervyMervyn99

SwervyMervyn99 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Madison, WI
    this has nothing to do with trainers or waiting on one, but does Gordon let you have invertors installed by the mechanics in your truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.