Hey all

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MONT74, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    They will allow their shop to install an inverter up to 400w only. When you are put in a different truck the inverter remains behind. On the plus side, GTI is one of the few larger fleets going to 100% APU's on their OTR tractors. All tractors 2007 and newer have an APU, 1800w inverter, A/C, and diesel bunk heater installed. Something to consider when weighing the advantages of one starter company over another.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Isnt GTI still hurting for drivers? I left there 2 yrs ago and they were hurting then...at least for experienced ones...

4. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    It seems they maybe hurting for experienced drivers, No trainers available, and a waiting list that seems to grow daily. Im tired of playing the waiting game, and have decided to go with Prime. Might be longer training periods, but in my book thats a good thing.

5. Lost Crow

Lost Crow Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    maybe if they treated their "experienced" drivers right they wouldn't have a retention problem

But it's typical of kids who took over daddy's business in the trucking industry and never had to actually work for anything

6. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yeah I know where ur coming from Lost Crow...the 2 sons have pushed alot of good drivers right out the door and when they started to turn the trucks down ruined it for alot of us...trucks ran like crap...I had gotten into a old "2400" truck with a Cummins and loved it...lol...Bummer when dad ran things, it was a very well respected co....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.