hey guys... been a while ... im finally a driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rbmc20, Jun 9, 2011.

1. rbmc20

rbmc20 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Virginia
    Doubt any of you would remember me. I poked my head in a couple of times and mostly just read the other posts.. well I got a driving job after almost 2 years of trying and feeling like a caged and abused dog in theplace I was yard jockeying ... I've been on the road for three months now and loving every min of it. Im out of staunton Va and they have me running all north... for some reason they have kept me mostly in pa running pittsburg and philly .. and I got the dreaded level one inspection today... and passed with flying colors. Got a sticker for my truck and trailer .. officer told me I did a very good job on my log book. I was nervous as hell that was my first .. im sure they don't get any better tho

canuck in da truck and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Good job, I like the idea of them putting you in the yard for a while. Thats where I started. Thats the best place to start a Trucking Career. Good Luck.

123456 Thanks this.
  4. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    congrats and best of luck to you..

i did yard jockeying and personally i liked it, no pressure, do your thing, go home....

Wargames Thanks this.
  5. rbmc20

rbmc20 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Virginia
    Its not the same company. I couldn't find a driving job.. everybody wanted at least 2 years experience ... found the jockey job it was not even a mile from home. It just wasn't a challenge for me not to mention the pay sucking. But I did gain alot of experience from it and talked to alot of drivers. One thing I am a lil surprised at so far is how much its every driver for theirselves ... I thought it was more of a brotherhood type thing and try to help each other out instead of. Making it harder... but guess that is how.society is today no matter where you are.

6. cookie30

cookie30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Elkton, Va
    congrats on the job. who do u drive for I live in Elkton and I have been looking all over the area and i havent found anything yet.

7. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    COngrats, on all that!

Mikeeee

8. CCCowgirl

CCCowgirl Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Montmorenci, SC
    Just consider the jockey job part of paying your dues - congratulations on finding a job you are happy with and also great job on the inspection! Be safe out there.

9. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    now when you go thru the scales--that sticker kind of makes you feel a bit more at ease--or more sure of your self
    good job

10. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    Congratulations driver, here's to many safe miles in your future.:biggrin_25514:
    As to the brotherhood thing, it hasn't been that in awhile. Nor do I really see it coming back anytime in the near future. Too much electronic stuff around that isolates you. By that I mean that when you see someone down on the side of the road everyone assumes he's in phone contact,etc with assistance already so nobody checks on you. Everybody's off in their own little world.

11. rbmc20

rbmc20 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Virginia
    Do you have your cdl? And if so how did you get it? Did you get it thru blueridge?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am relieved to have my first level one behind me. Just glad to know im doing my logs right. And I didn't miss anything on my pretrip that morn either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.