Hey, Guys

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Morteza, May 6, 2020.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I understand your thoughts, but that is wikipedia and it takes in to account some old times of what it used to mean. Not modern times.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    what? The thoughts of indentured service are pretty much set in stone. People hear it and think a certain thing.

specific to trucking , when people hear someone say “get your CDL on your own, as opposed to a trucking company. If you go to company sponsored school you’ll be nothing more than an indentured servant”.

we agree that’s a pretty common statement, right? We can also agree that it sounds pretty negative. No? That’s all I’m saying. You won’t be an indentured servant, you’ll be an employee. And if you perform well, you’ll be compensated accordingly. I don’t really see how that’s deniable. ‍♂️

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Yep, plus as I said, common sense should rule someone's thoughts.

5. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    The devil is in the details. Find out exactly what the contract is.
    Time till fullfilled.
    Is it a non compete? Meaning if you leave before completing the contract youhave sit out for a min.
    If you leave early how much do you have to pay back. (I went through Schneider and if you made it through 3 mos you only had to pay back 66% 6mos 33%, 1 year your free and clear). Get the details and go from there.
    With that being if you have the money to pay in full I’d throw that into savings. Jump on with a mega and let them pay. Learn the ins and outs of the game(Lots to learn out on the road, managing your hours. Should I drive all the way today or stop early today and get up early to beat the rush, communicating with 2 ppl that have each other’s phone numbers but refuse to communicate with each other so you’re not screwed (dispatch and receivers at times).
    During this time you’re gaining seat time. The thing all the good companies love. Once you get to about 8 mos and can park a truck without hitting anything and taking up about 45 mins if your company isn’t treating you right you can start calling up the companies that require 1-2 years of exp. as some of them may say yes. You can make the decision to ride the contract out or leave. But you’ll still the money you put in savings to get out of the jam if needed. You may end up loving your mega and staying for a while.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  6. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    exactly! Covers it all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.