Hey there! First week with a trainer done!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by GuSBuS, Oct 28, 2015.

1. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I was planning on driving to orientation, I was told they would reimburse me up to the price of a greyhound ticket, do you all think they would do the same for me having to go back home and then back to wherever for the finding a trainer process?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GuSBuS

GuSBuS Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Drive to orientation if you want, just know that you may be driving to any of the terminals. When your training coordinator talks with you just ask. I wouldn't leave my car anywhere but home though.

4. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    ill probably take the bus to get to the trainer just driving to orientation and back actually. its a lot cheaper for me to do so in the off chance I get sent home from orientation. thanks for the advice.

5. GuSBuS

GuSBuS Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Good idea.

6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    ........it can suck

7. TRUCKEE411

TRUCKEE411 Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Back when I was in training, My trainer told me ALWAYS KEEP A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER IN YOUR TRUCK AT ALL TIMES DOING OTR. Iam so happy I listened, best advice ever lol. So I pass that gem of advice to you.. taken a few dumps on the side of the road at night... :)

8. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    yeah well orientation ends on the 11th, thanksgiving is the 28th, if I can be off to a trainer in that 17 day span and have an excuse to avoid my extended family at thanksgiving ill be a happy man.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. GuSBuS

GuSBuS Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    My trainer keeps a trashcan for that reason truckee411, should be about a week or 2 DC.

10. DC843

DC843 Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I have a question about them verifying my employment, I have had one job over the last 3 years that I was fired from 3 months ago, but I wasn't completely honest on my application and put that I quit.

here is an excerpt from my states law on references:

H. Job References; S.C. Code Ann. §41-1-65
    The references that one employer gives another employer concerning a former employee may give rise to a common law action for defamation. A potential claim of defamation may stem from an employer’s providing another with the reasons given for a termination, a negative evaluation of the employee’s work habits, skills, attitude, or general desirability as an employee. Although employment references are generally privileged under the common law, employers have decided to give out no information other than that a particular employee was a former employee, the job title, the dates of employment, and sometimes salary information.

In 1996 the South Carolina General Assembly enacted the Job Reference Immunity Statute. Under this statute, if a reference to a prospective employer is given orally, the employer giving the reference may only disclose the former employee’s dates of employment, pay level and wage history. If, however, a reference request by a prospective employer is made in writing and is responded to in writing, then the former employer may disclose the following information, to which the employee must also have access:
    • written employee evaluations;
    • official personnel notices that formally record the reasons for separation;
    • whether the employee was terminated voluntarily or involuntarily and the reason for the termination; and
    • information about job performance

basically to find out if why i would let go they would need to make a written statement to the company asking any of those above things....so im wondering what are all of your thoughts are on if USX will go as far as to make a written request to find out why I was let go, or just be happy with the initial times of my employment my job title etc.

the employer will have nothing bad to say other than the fact I was let go, I was a great employee to them and worked a lot harder than I should, also got along with all of the management.

Will be bringing W-2s and paystubs to verify my employment along with their phone call to them.

11. GuSBuS

GuSBuS Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    I did all that stuff online before I went. I don't think they really care unless it was a driving job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.