Well, this is weird. I'm not a trucker.
I joined the forum because my boyfriend will be a trucker (in one month, I hope) in Greece. He always wanted to go back to his family who still lives in Canada, and we were wondering --if all goes as planned-- if he could enroll in a truck driving school in Canada. He doesn't have a high school diploma and the googling didn't help me about the requirements.
So, a high school diploma is mandatory or not?
Thank you in advance.
snowwy Thanks this.
they also had to have signed up for the draft.
couldn't meet those REQUIRED items..??
no (government) student loan, or grants. (like the Pell grant)
"some" employers may want at the very least a GED......i know that from the recruiters we had come in.
i cannot say about Canada......
page 2 here....https://nettts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Financial-Aid-Information-042922.pdf
How Financial Aid Eligibility is Determined To be eligible for Federal Financial Aid you must:
1. Demonstrate financial need
2. Be a US Citizen or an eligible noncitizen
3. Be enrolled in an eligible program
4. Be enrolled at least half time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds
5. Meet all admissions requirements
6. Possess a valid high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). All foreign diplomas must be certified and translated to confirm the equivalency of a US high school diploma.
7. Not be in default on any prior Federal student loan
8. May not have property subject to a judgment or lien for a debt owed the federal government
9. Must have a valid Social Security Number
10. Must not owe and overpayment on any federal financial aid grant
11. Must be meeting the NETTTS Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic ProgressLast edited: Sep 2, 2023