Heyl Truck Lines -

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by roadhammer123, Feb 8, 2015.

1. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    Wanted to say this company sounds and looks great was wondering if anyone works or did in the past has any info on the company equipment average length of haul driver manager and pay post or message me thanks and be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    se the search feature, there are a few Heyl threads already running here and they might give you what you need!!!!

Good luck!!!

4. Hazmat1990

Hazmat1990 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Tampa, Fl
    Average length of haul 1100 mi, mid roof cascadias and volvos some with apus, start pay is .385 plus bonuses

darthanubis Thanks this.
  5. roadhammer123

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    I take it you drive for them now hazmat

6. Hazmat1990

Apr 21, 2014
    Tampa, Fl
  7. trap

trap Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2012
    kansas city
    Work for them for 3 months, they would B a good one if not for Jason the son of the Safety Director
    Was told that I had to run paper logs because the schedule they had for their new M/W fleet could not run legal
    with electronic logs.
    Then he would sit me for hrs. and hrs. and tell me the load wasn't ready yet, but then when I arrive Traffic would tell
    me the load has been ready for hrs. I have strayed several drivers away from them, and will continue.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  8. Hazmat1990

Apr 21, 2014
    Tampa, Fl
    I don't know how unique your situation may be, but I personally never experienced that, except waiting for loads to be ready, which would be my only complaint

9. DriverMike1984

DriverMike1984 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Cathedral City, CA

Sounds like a big load of bull poop, truck stop counter talk. And if you solely rely on dispatch to tell you if loads are ready and don't call and ask the customers yourselves personally, then that is your own fault and piss poor planning and management. Sounds to me like someone would rather sit in truck stops so he can say he's a trucker instead of actually working. You need others telling you when stuff is ready or how to manage your time and logs, you need a new career field. This isn't an industry for drivers who need their hands held daily and told how to work, when to work, when to take breaks. Heyl is a pretty stand up company from drivers I've spoken to, so the being told you need to know how to run a paper book and how to color your book and disregard your Elogs because the MW freight can't be run legal is bull poop as well. You just seem to be a bitter former driver who came from a company that coddled you and told you when to drive, sleep, take your breaks/resets, take a dump and shower, when the loads were ready, and how to manage your life. You obviously came to Heyl thinking all companies do that and when Heyl expected you to be self sufficient and be an adult, you were lost on how to do so and you screwed up and either got fired or quit just before they could fire you. Good luck finding a company that will coddle you and baby you through your life so you can tell your friends/family that you are a truck driver.

darthanubis and zip912 Thank this.
  10. justannanow

justannanow Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2015
    Do you know if they hire out of Virginia, east of I95? Where do they run?

11. roadhammer123

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    ya i'm headed to Akron term for a quick oriant.. this week i think Thursday just trying to see what the real deal is with them other then what recruiter says you know how are the miles are they concistent and whats the weekly average , are the trucks governed ,, do they have good equipment any extra's in them like fridges whats the average length of haul and is E logs or paper any info would be great thanks driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.