Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Epicdudejo, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Epicdudejo

Epicdudejo Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Hi.

I would describe myself as a "hobby trucker", if it makes any sense. My trucking is pretty much done on Farming Simulator with the help of mods that allow me to apply the data from tech documents that I look up in my spare time.

I joined this forum in the hope of asking for advice on what a real truck would look like for the applications in my game.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    american truck simulator does a pretty good job

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are some truck simulators within the limitations of 3D programming that does pretty good. However... it is NOTHING like actually DOING in a real semi trailer truck. Not even close.

But it's not all bad, the most useful part of those games is hooking to your trailer by mirror for one and docking a trailer against a building truck dock also by Mirror for the other. These two exercises will seriously help you prepare for actual backing in trucking school. The motions and so on is pretty much the same.

I fly a 747-200 or -400 on FSX Deluxe sometimes on a server with voice Tower controllers. But that's just a game. There is no way anyone will let me touch the real plane or in the real world without the necessary certificates etc which takes years to acquire. (Jet, Multi engine, ATP etc)

Im glad you enjoy the truck games. But the actual doing is so much fun. Provided you are not late again for delivery.

5. Epicdudejo

Mar 7, 2019
    I haven't really played that series. I was more attracted to the agricultural management of Farming Sim and there are plenty of mods that improve the mechanical aspect of vehicle operation.

Sadly, I never got the chance to get into actual trucking. Let alone the fact that I can't afford an 150,000$ truck, I had been focusing on other stuff that didn't quite work out.

6. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Can you roll coal in the game??

7. Epicdudejo

Mar 7, 2019
    I have seen maps that allow for mining operation but the core of the game revolves around agriculture, forestry or animal husbandry (the latter on a pretty basic level)

8. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    ats is only on pc i think, atleast it was last time i looked, theres a bunch of mods for it too
    you can buy it through steam

9. Epicdudejo

Mar 7, 2019
    but like I said in my OP, I was looking for advice on what a truck for Farming Sim's applications would look like. Can I ask here or should I use the Misc forum?

10. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Welcome to TTR... I'm a "hobby pilot" just got finished flying a Concorde from Paris to NY :)

thelushlarry Thanks this.
  11. Epicdudejo

Mar 7, 2019
    The only flight sims I played were fighter jet sims. F-15 Strike Eagle II on the ol' floppies and an A-10 sim on Windows 95 that was actually pretty good for the time and means.

Concorde Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.