High Blood Pressure.... Disqualifying Factor???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hrdlife, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    After all of the above: Take test as early as possible after rest. Small sodium free breakfast. No smoking. Pet a cat < ( optional ). Breath very deeply and slowly. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    you seem to know alot, u must have had high BP a time or two?When I did my physical nurse said it was just alittle high.I did'nt think to ask her what the numbers were.These walk in clinics,so if I was to go to one tomorrow theyd take me right away or do i need to make an appt?

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    They are first come first serve walk ins. Yeah, I learned alot the past two years. I first started the doctor thing in 2007. 14 prescriptions and 22 pills a day! I'm a pro pill popper :) Funny thing is, I never took a pill for the most part until I turned 46. They have a pill for everything.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I figured it was FCFS but had to ask.I'm going to find one tomorrow.Is'nt that the truth though,plls for everything.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA

Well, if you don't see the doc, get your meds and get the BP under control, you might as well save yourself the long bus rides. They'll send you right back home. Your post reminded me that I needed to refill my annual prescriptions. $92.00 for one year of generic "Lotrel", including shipping. That's $7.66 / month - even less than getting the two meds for $4 each plus sales tax :)

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Oh, and ask the doc to give you samples. Last time I went in for a BP check, I asked and he gave me a grocery bag full of sample bottles - enough for 3 months :D

8. jrmyrobert83

jrmyrobert83 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I have high blood pressure and I'm supposed to start class next week So I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see what I can do and maybe get on some meds to help it'll be down enough by then

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    When you get your BP checked,don't trust the portable BP tester.I've been on BP medicne since monday.Today I went to walgreens to have it checked,161 over 93.Ithought holly cow this medicine is suppose to lower it not raise it.So I drive to the clinic and had it chcked and it read 128 over 78.Nurse said the portable machines are not as accurate as the manaul ones are.I go for a physical tomorrow and wanted to make sure the medicine was working.

10. Blackadder47

Blackadder47 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Eugene, Or
    Good luck with that, it took me me 3 months and 5 different medications to get my BP under control.

11. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Buy a portable BP machine. Keep an eye on your daily pressure. Tell the Dr you are a user:biggrin_2554:they usually cut you some slack. Salt is the worst and stress is second. Of course driving truck you never have to deal with either.:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.