High Blood Pressure/ DoT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by FLYMIKEXL, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    It's called HIPAA:
    http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgtcole69

sgtcole69 Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Live Oak,FL
    I take the exact same medication. Same dose also. It has improved my blood pressure greatly.

4. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Get on a low carb diet, and loose the weight and your pressure WILL come down. I give very little credit to the running in the family thing. I was almost 300lbs at one point and obviously my BP sucked. Low carb, lost 100lbs and my BP is perfect. I've always had problems loosing weight and Atkins did the trick for me. Fast weight loss and I feel much better. No more worries of physicals coming up.

BIG ONE: have them manually take your BP, the electronic ones will always show you higher.

FLYMIKEXL Thanks this.
  5. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Yup! But Doctors are into treating symptoms, not the causes. If people staryed eating right and weren't drug dependant who's gonna pay for the doctors house while he's on the golf course?

mnmover Thanks this.
  6. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    It can, but the Nitric Oxide effect of opening the bloodways wide open also can drop BP. You can also fist some L-Citruline and do the same thing.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    My doctor at the VA asked me some simple questions about my life style in 2013. She put me on a PB/Diuretic combination with instructions to lower my intake of ALL fast foods. Done, I'm still taking that pill and my BP is right where she wants it.

8. Mango Road

Mango Road Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016

9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Need to be below 140 to get a year medical card. I always had trouble, ended up on lisinipril20mg.

10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I just did my DOT physical. Like you have a lot riding on my career. I was stressing on needing to take a leak waiting and I was stressing out on the eye exam cause of one eye is worse then another plus my nurse seemed like a ball buster. Gave me bp readings and was very high she said. Used both big and regular cuff. I always had a 2 year. So I started doing deep breathes and closing my eyes waiting for the doc for 20 mins. Doc came in took my bp with regular cuff and it dropped to normal. Gave me a 2 year.

FLYMIKEXL Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is a medical database, I think it's actually an insurance database, called Medical Information Bureau (MIB).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.