High Blood Pressure/ DoT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by FLYMIKEXL, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Midlifetrucker

Midlifetrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    El Paso, TX
    That is only used by insurance companies. Mainly life insurance companies. It's used for fraud detection.

Medicines that are not controlled substances (such as BP meds) are not tracked by anyone other than the issuing pharmacy.

Simply not telling the health care provider you're taking them, is all one would need to do. Nobody can request that information. Period. End of story.

Now I am not telling anyone to lie (that's on the individual themselves to make a decision) but no doctor anywhere would know. They don't come up in UA's.

It's just like joining the military, unless the DoD got you to sign a HIPPA release for every doctor in the US, they would never know.

I may be new and this might be my first post, but it's facts. There is no database that someone can look in. Sure there might be one stating a patient or customer received this medicine at such and such time, but not who the actual patient was.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    125/85 is normal. 100/60 is minimum to support life. Anything less than that means you are dying, and that needs to be fixed. Anything over say 150/95 is high blood pressure.

I clocked my meter twice a few weeks ago at 158 over 108 the doctors threw that result away because Opiate withdrawal has a hand in that. Pop a pill back in and wait 2 hours presto back to normal 125/85.

Im trained to take blood pressure manually as a deaf person, it's really easy but you gotta get a good reading in two or three tries max. for technical health reasons.

To get a good BP means no stimulants like caffinee heavy foods etc.

BP is important. But Pulse Oxygen Saturation is even more so. If you are some where high and read 85 on room air in the mountain range, you will be issued oxygen. Most people pull 95 to 99 in value on room air. However the sensor must be a premium one that does not get disrupted by talking or arm waving etc.

Finally I geek out on heart monitors. The one I fear most is where it creates a string of VA Cemetary Tombstones in a row constantly. That means you are very sick indeed.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I have warned about databases in many threads. Databases have been mentioned in this thread. Really at this point all that is needed to bring about what is depicted in this video is very little now. This is scary to me and it should be to you as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.