High Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by poppop1961, Jul 5, 2020.

1. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    And before that it was TMC jerking you around, and before that it was the economy, and before that it was the seasonal nature of your profession.

Hire/fire people pick up on this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I appreciate that advice. I actually made the decision to get a CDL and try out trucking because I needed something physically easier to do for the next 13 years, not because I wasn’t making good money, although there have been times when I was struggling.

Conversely, there were times when I was raking the money in, e.g., after Hurricane Ivan. Hurricane Sally aftermath appears to be the same.

Anyway, I’m 58 and plan on working until I’m 70. My future may or may not include trucking. Maybe I’ll do what old, worn out carpenters do: become a contractor. Maybe I’ll stock nuts and bolts at Lowes like others do. :D

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You are 4 years younger than I am today. I retired from driving in 2012 @ 54. In my last several years I started noticing I could hurt my shoulders just by pulling myself up to get in my truck. I remember one day doing a delivery in Georgia as I was headed to hometime hurting my shoulder so bad I spent most of that hometime taking pain killers. I got in trouble later because I did not report it to my carrier. Oh to have that same body again I was when I enlisted in the Air Force!

5. MericanMade

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Heck, I’d be thrilled to have my 40 year old body again! :p

6. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Sure adjusting your diet will help reduce cholesterol but you can't out diet bad genetics..

7. MericanMade

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Heck, I'm fighting good genetics. I DO NOT want to live into my 80's or 90's.

Final Drive Thanks this.
  8. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    ^^^^^
    Good luck to you Sir!

9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If you are in decent health by the time you hit your 70s, you might feel a little different.

Final Drive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.