High oil pressure sensor

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by mpower1, Feb 20, 2019.

1. mpower1

mpower1 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    I have a 2007 Freightliner Columbia. Dashboard gauge shows high oil pressure. I replaced oil pressure sensor and engine harness and gauge is still showing as high oil pressure. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HarrodTech

HarrodTech Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Kentucky
    not sure on a Freightliner but on 2007 volvo with a D12, we had to change the two oil reduction valves to solve a high oil pressure issue. When the key was on Engine off the pressure was 60, start the engine, pressure would jump to 120. In the volvo it has 2 reduction valves and and an oil level / temp sens

4. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    You need to get a temporary manual gauge in it and see if it’s a mechanical or electrical issue.

If it’s mechanical you’ve got a stuck pressure relief valve oil temp thermostat. Either way let us know what engine your working on if you what any specific answers, otherwise your only going to get generic answers.

5. abdizzy23

abdizzy23 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I am having the same issue with my d13 Volvo 2012, were you able to figure out what the issue was ?

Thanks in advance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.