High pressure in coolant system???

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by bizzzzzz1, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Ladytrukr

Ladytrukr Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    What's the number to that tech?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Keep us updated on repair!

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Stevemc53

Stevemc53 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2017

6. Stevemc53

Stevemc53 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I have this problem too with my 08. Driving me crazy and has already cost me a lot not to have it fixed. Please share his number. I'm doing a Sacramento run soon and sure would love to get this solved.
    Thanks!

7. Onway

Onway Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    The problem came back up. He refunded me $200. I replaced the coppers again since there was exhaust marks. That did not help, I noticed that my temp gauge is always higher than normal, and fan kicks on around 210. I will have a electrician reprogram the computer, since that and the water pump are the only possible options left. I will let everyone know in 2 days if the problem was the fan turning on late.

8. Onway

Onway Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    He charges around $600 for labor to do coppers and around $200 parts. Since the water problem is usually the coppers but he will know better.
    (916) 640-9764 Pavel

9. kabusheke2004

kabusheke2004 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Virginia
    The issue seems to have been temporarily fixed. I am guessing you have a bigger problem than you think. Bubbles, addition of coolant and temperature running higher than normal. I would suspect a head gasket. Look at your stacks when you crank the truck. Check for white smoke. Thats my guess. I could be wrong.

10. Onway

Onway Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    I set the computer to activate cooling fan at 194. Truck temp now is always right in the middle. So far 5k miles with steep hills and didn't add any coolant.

11. R. Criss

R. Criss Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2017
    I have 2010 Volvo 780 D13 485. I would lose very little due to EGR cooler, but when my top radiator hose blew on a hill, I had a spare because the first one was changed already and bought the second just in case. Didn't have antifreeze with me do used about 32 bottles of water to get to a TA. Brought 2gal pure. It started leaking out the hose I replace, so tighten it more, then it started with other hoses. Tighten those and fixed the leak around the bottom hose and over flow. Went through several bottles of antifreeze since then. I told a mechanic when getting a PM at a TA. He said that there should be a valve from the compressor before going into the coolant. I wonder if there is one and if it could be the problem?
    On another note, several months ago we had truck in a volvo shop. Was there for over 2 weeks cause wouldn't regen due to check engine light. We spent money and always in the shop for this DPF system. Had new injectors put in, and more. This last time we called and complained about the time in shop. 2hrs later we get a call truck I'd ready. From that day till now our truck hadn't Regen once. Ask and soot stays around 2%.
    I was going to call them back, but I thought why? It'll just keep costing us money. I do smell it coming out the back somewhere and assume it's a leak in the EGR cooler.
    I've bought 3 other used trucks in my career with little or no cost, but this one is the first with the DPF crap and we've spent over 35,000 on BS stuff not counting maint, tires, breaks. Plus we still have one year to pay on it. Every time we go home it has to go in shop for something and that's not counting the repairs I can do at home. Our first and last Volvo ever!

12. Hardworker

Hardworker Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Have you ever replaced your air compressor? if not, I suggest you do so, that may be what is causing overpressure to your coolant system.

13. Boromak18

Boromak18 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    wath ypu think is the problem

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs