Highest paying LTL trucking company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 29, 2019.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

You are only out 5 days. If any longer is because you choose to. We have a very large terminal in Charlotte. If you want to run 5 and go home do it. You want to stay out 3 weeks that's your call. I am a 5day guy and nothing more ever.

Yes its about 90% nights. You always start at night. You can get on days towards mid week if your time keeps backing up but dont count on it. Normally I run pretty steady between 7pm and 7am I'm done. Keep your hotel points which is cool. I already used 5 free stays for vacation.

You will run where ever. But it is terminal to terminal and 100% drop and hook. No customers no docks. Drop at end of your shift and bobtail to hotel. We have little over 200 germinals. I'm out of west ky. One week I could be in PA next week Fargo ND next week TX and last week I was running around hammond LA and atlAtla. Never know where you are going each day. Whatever is extra you take and go.

You will start @ .615 a mile and $8 break set $8 hook a set. You will sometimes pull a van as well. I avg between 2600-3300 miles in 5-5.5 days.

I am lazy and rather be home. I leave 9pm monday night and I try like hell to return back by 11pm friday night. I'm never later than around 4am Saturday morning. Last 4 checks in a row I've not taken home less than 1400 to the bank. All I can say is i cant wait for top rate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Right. I just wanted to temper your expectations so you didn’t jump in expecting to make 2k/wk right out the gate.

No. Read the descriptions of the job postings and see what the minimum requirements are and what type of work to expect. For example, if you wanted to work for FedEx Freight right now with less than a year of experience, you would apply for a Driver Apprentice position. That would be 2-ish months of dock work and training. I went that route and got through it in 6 weeks. If you wait until you meet the requirements for a regular driver position, you skip that part.

Depends on the company and the location...he has about a 90% chance of some dock work initially at FxF.

Bob Dobalina and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Worth it tho

jmz Thanks this.
  5. jnye34

jnye34 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2014
    Are these high paying UPS team jobs with parcel or freight? Does anyone know if they need teams in the Cincinnati area? I checked the UPS website and they only had the temp seasonal jobs posted.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I haven’t heard that Cincinnati was adding teams, but you never know as they are growing their entire network. Louisville is supposedly adding 50 teams gradually as they ramp up their new ground hub expansion. These jobs are in Parcel, but LTL freight supposedly pays team great. As of today they aren’t hiring off the street in Louisville, but that will probably change.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Take a seasonal job with parcel. Best way to get your foot in the door as a street hire from the sounds of it. There are a few guys here that got their in that way.

8. jnye34

jnye34 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2014
    I would but I'm at Estes and pretty happy, I came in at a good time, got a scheduled run in under six months, should make about 80k first year. I get the UPS system of paying your dues, but I'm not ok with the pay cut and making like 50k first year. But I would consider leaving for a six figure team job. I think UPS is the better company to be with for the long term, but a big party cut for a few years doesn't really make sense for me right now.

jtaran06, layover6, jmz and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    Estes is one of the better LTL jobs in my opinion. I've been with UPSF for almost 13 years and plan on staying until I retire but If something happened here Estes is one of the first places I would apply.

10. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    The Sunday start is gonna be great for my terminal. I should be able to get a Monday-Friday daytime schedule within the next year or so with the changes.

11. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Has it been freight that long now? #### time flies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.