Highway Thru Hell - From TV ....

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Pullin2, Sep 5, 2012.

1. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Do you guys look at the overhead signs before the laidlaw scale? they always say if chain ups in effect and where.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    whoaaa working on a weekend? you wouldnt catch us doing that lol. I wish i had the hotel everynight :p

4. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    no they do not.

i have left new west having just called drivebc
    then while fuelling in chilliwack call again
    get to the scales, say chains on 5, nothing for 1, so went canyon only to be caught in LOTS of snow and trucks spun all over and cvse only letting you thru with chains

twice ive gone west from kamloops after checking with drivebc and overhearing cb chatter that the coq was fine only to get to the tollbooths and have to chain up to go downhill, no signs en route with this info, eastbound warned us once we were already past merritt

in all fairness this is ~5% of the time....95% of the time the signage/drivebc is accurate.

i can accept them being accurate to within an hour or so, but there have been times when ive been in a road closure and 3hrs later drivebc says its open

5. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    Check your Contract. They may have a clause in it relating to bunk trucks. Some teamster contracts, as I recall, someone will correct me I'm sure, that drive bunk trucks, have to spend the first two nights in the bunk, then the third night they can get a room.

And yeah, I work alot of 6 day weeks from spring to fall - It's car haul Dude - Feast or famine.

6. rzl-dzl

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    among the things they got wrong or overstated was that the coq cut 2.5hrs off the old route, lol.

7. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
    Just saw the show today. Did anyone else see the microphone holder flip over the median backwards? LOL!

8. canada bound manc

canada bound manc Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2012
    manchester ,england
    These are people who have come to this country without a lick of experience running in the Canadian environment,

Just a quick question tank33 how can a person get that "lick of experience" without "coming to this country" :biggrin_25517: lol

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    By running team with someone with experience.

10. canada bound manc

canada bound manc Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2012
    manchester ,england
    True,but i understood that was normal for a short while and then to shadow an experienced driver for a while too,or have i been misinformed ? speaking as someone not in usa/canada i have always found the people used to teach new drivers are not always the better drivers in a company, generally they are the ones needing someone in the spare saddle to make sure their job gets done,,the saying goes "If you cant do it - teach it " myself i have always found listening to a number of old hands the most useful tool and never being too clever to ask anyone a question i feel matters even if asking makes me look numb :biggrin_25517: and i have had the blank expression quite a few times !! lol
    But thanks for clearing that up for me prairie boy ,it did raise a chuckle when i read it,

11. rzl-dzl

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    and dispatched super single not team

cant learn/teach anything on a team schedule

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.