Highway Thru Hell - From TV ....

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Pullin2, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    I would not abandon the truck, especially if it is a roadway hazard. I carry winter wear, reflective vests and a flagperson's Stop/Slow handheld sign. I would:

- Turn off the headlights
    - Turn on the four-ways
    - Leave the marker lights on if the motor is operable
    - Put out the triangles, well behind the truck
    - Leave the truck in case it is hit by another truck
    - Walk up the highway in my reflective safety gear
    - Use my sign to warn approaching traffic there is a hazard ahead
    - Stay well out of the way of speeding trucks that may be sliding off the road when they try to slow down

I'm sometimes amazed that drivers do not carry proper winter clothing. Due to the nature of the hazardous material that I pull I am not in a position to abandon my truck. I will not be found in the coffee shop in Hope while Jamie Davis tries to figure out what to do with the truck I abandoned.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    no kidding^ lol although i would not walk on the highway

4. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    We don't get as bad of weather up here as they do in BC, but its still bad..never, would I leave my truck like they claim happens on the show!

5. Pinner

Pinner Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2010
    B.C.
    <snip>

The ones leaving their trucks just might be new Canadians that can't produce a valid class 1 licence. Just a guess,I don't live down there. Why else would someone abandon their truck?

6. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    you are most likely right....

7. kwloo

kwloo Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2011
    eh?
    It would be too cold for sandals...

8. Ahnutts!

Ahnutts! Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Canada, West Coast
    Its funny more drivers haven't figured this one out. Five years ago I was running back and fourth to Edmonton for one of those guaranteed over night outfits. They had a no canyon policy, when I arrived at the Edmonton terminal one morning they new I had taken the canyon because the coke had been closed all night. I told the terminal manager he could can me or let me do my job as I saw fit. I worked there a few more months before I quit. Most times if its snowing on the coke, its raining in the canyon.

Rogerthat Thanks this.
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Hey Pinner.

Ric is Chairman of the Board of HNL. Bob German took his place as Pres. and CEO.

RIC PETERSON, Calgary, Alberta
    Mr. Ric Peterson, 51, is the Chairman of the Board of Horizon North Logistics Inc. Prior thereto, Mr. Peterson was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Horizon from June 2006 to January 1, 2010 and President of Horizon from November 3, 2008 to January 1, 2010. From January 2005 until May 2006, Mr. Peterson was the President and Chief Executive Officer of Producers Oilfield Services Ltd. Prior thereto, Mr. Peterson was the President of Formula Transport Ltd. from 1991 to 2005. Mr. Peterson has over twenty five years of business experience in a variety of sectors. Mr. Peterson's continued association with Horizon brings with it a proven track record of business development successes.

Mr. Peterson has been a Director of Horizon North Logistics Inc. since June 1, 2006 and is not considered an independent director, as he was formerly member of Management.
    Mr. Peterson also serves on the board of Canyon Services Group.

10. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    They disappear on their Magic Carpets.

jonboy29 Thanks this.
  11. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    So we need an image copied here of a Magic Carpet with an 'A' frame, cable and hook !!!!

:biggrin_255:

Sorry - I'm just not that creative .....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.