Hiring Freeze

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by KennyR, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Kankakee Illinois
    I called Us Xpress today. I graduated on Monday and am looking for my first company. They told me that they will be having orientation Jan 5 but since I was terminated at my last job they will not consider me. My last job was a sales job. I asked if this was standard since I have not been in trucking before and he said pretty much. HE told me to get 6 Months experience and try again and they will see wha they can do. Has anyone else had a simular experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Kankakee Illinois
    Perception is Reallity:biggrin_25519:

4. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga

I guess you when you filled out your application in reason for leaving you put terminated.....I was also a sales rep for a software company...being in a sales state of mind you probably should have sold your self a bit better I was let go my self and have no problem finding work. but in my reason for leaving i did not put terminated I sold it by saying Did not meet sales quota...no questions asked.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  5. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey Jim -

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

6. BrokenRoad

BrokenRoad Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Cave City, AR
    recently applied here, no accidents, no tickets, 10 years experience, god work record, etc.... they accepted my application arranged me to attend orientation next monday, then wednsday of this week they call me and tell me "nevermind we cant find any useful position for you at this time" i dont really understand it but oh well, im just thanking god i didnt tell my current company i was planning to quit yet

7. LawDawg

LawDawg Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    USX was supposed to have a recruiter appear last night at the school I'm attending. After arriving at the school, we were told by our instructor that the recruiter had been laid-off, and that USX had contacted the school yesterday afternoon to inform them that they were no longer hiring student-drivers, and would not be doing so for the foreseeable future. I just wanted to pass along what we were told.

8. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    I worked there for a short time. They have sent 2 postcards to my house asking me to come back. LOL

9. bigbluedog

bigbluedog Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I guess as a student driver from Michigan I should look elsewhere. Thank you for the info.

10. showman

showman Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Leesburg, Ga
    The reason USX has those accounts now is because Arnold had them and USX had the contracts canceled and re-issued to them. We (Arnold drivers) occasionally pull some of them and we hear horror stories about USX from store personnel, demanding to be unloaded before appointment time or being late and swaring they are on time when ever they arrive because their DM says so. Arnold had a 99.9% on-time delivery/pickup rateing and now USX is screwing it up.

11. jfr

jfr Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Lakes State of Mind
    Your reply to your post: Perception is Reallity:biggrin_25519:

What it boils down to is a recruiter or HR staffer that, in my perception, is too lazy to do a complete job. Termination can mean anything. My unemployment form says "Fired" on one entry. It did not have enough choices on the form to completely describe my amicable separation from that company. One of the recruiters I spoke with asked me to describe the separation and I did. She confirmed it with the employer. She did the complete job of a recruiter. She asked the next question and didn't just jump to a convulsion! In your case that recruiter's perception is probably fiction.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.