Hirschbach experiences

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Freebird920, May 1, 2019.

1. Freebird920

Freebird920 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Warner Robins
    Looking for people who have worked or currently worked for Hirschbach.
    How were the miles?
    Dispatch?
    Pay?
    Lease program?
    Etc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fcrev

Fcrev Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2014
    @Freebird920

Hello, currently I work for hirschbach in the lease operator portion. I believe they have company but they hire more for lease or have been trying to be strictly lease.

The lease is through a third party lessor.

Miles can be great (3600 one of my first weeks out) but they pay a sliding scale. You want to keep anywhere from 400-800 miles on loads to maximize your profit.

Lease program is expensive but it's a for dummy's situation. They pay reefer and def, you pay 99 cpgallon diesel.

So far dispatch has been alright, they pay detention after 2 hours but delayed(they get paid you get paid).

They help you set up your llc for 20p plus lettering for 100, if you want a specific truck push them on it otherwise if you dont care like a lot some the. You'll likely get an international.

Truck seems to be in good shape minus the kingpin release which after home time I'm going back to the shop again for.

I've been here about a month. So far out of 2-4k a week I've seen maybe 1k-1600 after deductions.

I'm giving it some time and going to work more with my dispatcher to get him on board to how I'm expecting to be driven and then I'll decide if not to walk away.

Buyout at the end of a 148 week lease for me is 39.5k. I know I can find a better deal elsewhere (as i know there will be those who want to point that out without any specifics on where I could find said better lease programs ;p) and I know I'm getting the long and tubeless but I had a plan for it.

They took me with 6 months of TT experience so for newer drivers looking to get experience and invest in their own truck it could be a decent option if you have the discipline to save 300 a week and put your taxes away.

Hope this helps freebird

4. Freebird920

Freebird920 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Warner Robins
    Thanks so much for the info. I have been off the road for about 9 months so I ended up goin to western Express to build up some experience and dependent on my experience here I'll stay but I have a few friends at Hirschbach that love it there. So I suppose we shall see. But thanks again for the info! Be safe out there!

5. Fcrev

Fcrev Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks, let me know how it goes with western. It's been rough here the past few weeks tbh. Safe travels!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.