Hitting my breaking point with reefer

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Slargtarg, Jun 11, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

BS.

If YOU as the driver KNOW you will NOT make APPT time, CALL your dispatcher ahead of time, preferably like a day or more ahead to get a brand new appt time based on your 8 day recap and when what day you will have hours to work a delivery.

I have stopped one hour from customer many times due to being out of hours. You are out of hours you are out.

It's on dispatch, I called it time date stamp named names on paper and QC follow up on call any updated appts? No? Well, get a new one we are going to be stopped in about 4 hours before customer until midnight. If dispatch does not do it? You have the precise data you need to show safety you cannot make it and yes you made a effort to notify higher to get a new appt time.

If this company insists on beating until morale improves Elogs will finally bury them.

Tb0n3, Just passing by and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Nevada is "no personal income tax" state. Plenty of good trucking jobs in Nevada or Texas which is also "no personal income tax" state.

x1Heavy and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Marten will run you until you die on a western regional with good pay, and a good truck. Think you only need a year. Navajo will too. They both are starving for drivers. I think the $$$ at Marten is way above Navajo's though.

Knight has always been notorious for low miles. I mentioned that in other threads and was deemed a hater, but I know what guys have told me at the fuel island at the J.

I don't try to pry into peoples affairs, but getting input from the horses mouth, is the best way to keep up with the current trucking picture.

When one guy says one thing, yea maybe. When four guys out of four say the same thing, might be something to it.

Call Marten.

5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Also look over the drivers at the fuel line when they come out of the trucks a while. You might see filthy trucks, clean trucks (Jot those down...) and clean people and people who came out of the bush... You want the companies that provide clean equiptment within reason and clean people who put in a days work but don't get wild and wooly like a pillpopper trying for boston non stop.

You should then end up with a small list of relatively happy people, clean trucks and the companies that run em.

Those are the ones you want to call.

Trust me, if I put away 2000 miles by myself in 3 some odd days, you do NOT want to look upon my unshaven face. It's not good.

U.S. Otriad and Just passing by Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lessors Inc. hires in Arizona, but not Nevada (I think)
    Holland Enterprises Inc. hires in Nevada, but not Arizona (I think)
    Butler Transport
    Freymiller
    Danny Herman Trucking - dry van
    East-West Inc. - dry van
    Navajo Express
    A&D Express, Brandon,South Dakota
    Titan Transfer - dry van
    Dynamic Transit

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Take a picture of that to help if your ever in trouble following that advice

driverdriver and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    My company pay $1,000 minimum guaranteed every week. If they don't have the miles that's their problem. I can say sice dispatch is on the hook or the company for $1,000 every week they always have the miles. Even gets Honda old working 60+ hours every week but I'm making money at least. I get paid more if I go over 2,500 miles a week. They just guarante the first 2,500 miles

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That I think is a nice gesture from your company.

I think I can speak for 1 million newbies, why does not my company gaurantee miles? Why have I not heard or learned about this and so on.

Take care, peace to you.

10. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I would not work for a company without a weekly guarantee. It lifts a tremendous amount of stress off my shoulders. I just focus on safety, being on time, and using my hours efficiently. Thepaycheck is there every Friday.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You must work for West Side Transport.

x1Heavy and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.