Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by HL Drvr, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Hubcap

Hubcap Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    I took me about a week to log back in! I've applied at Hobby Lobby recently, talked to Stacie and gave her the go ahead to start the process of finding me a co-driver. I tried bringing my own but it seems no one I work with is willing to quit and move on. One is a single parent so that is understandable, another wants to stick around and see what happens. For me, it will be nice going to work for a company that is growing for a change.

I'm ready.

HL Drvr and Crusader66 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HL Drvr

HL Drvr Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good luck to you @Hubcap! Hope you are able to join us.

It's not a perfect company, and people do leave for various reasons, but, for the most part, it's a great job, and great company.

I think they treat people fairly, and they know the value of their drivers. They know drivers are important to the business.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  4. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    About what does a driver bring home every 2 weeks. And do they have inverters in the trucks. Driver facing cameras

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  5. HL Drvr

Dec 1, 2016

The income is a wide-ranging one, and difficult to answer. I'd say the average is somewhere in the 65k range, and can get up over 70k pretty easily. Then, add in a quarterly bonus checks, and that could easily add another $2000-3000 yearly. It just all depends on the route.
    We don't have inverters in the trucks, you have to bring your own and have it installed (no more than 200, or 2500W, I believe.

No...we don't have driver facing cameras.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  6. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    What are the driving requirements.

7. HL Drvr

Dec 1, 2016
    1 yr experience, willing to team (and would help if you brought a c o-driver if you don't live in Ok, or Texas) and have good driving record. Be able to pass a fairly stringent background check. I'm not sure of the details they look for on MVR, CSA, or background check, though.

Also, you'd probably need to live fairly close to a store, and there would need to be a route open in your area.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  8. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Yeah but HL drvr makes most of the money here. He also has the gravy runs. You should see him when he drives onto the yard In his Lamborghini.,Or his Ferrari. He thinks he is it.

Crusader66 and HL Drvr Thank this.
  9. HL Drvr

Dec 1, 2016
    Haha...yes, I do have the gravy runs! My manager is very, very good to me!!

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  10. dmick1954

dmick1954 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Bartow, FL
    I hope that turns out to be true for you. I said the same thing once about a company I went to work for. Unfortunately, the company went through a radical change and I had to leave. Again, I sincerely hope that you happily retire from HL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.