Hogan Orientation

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ccway, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    So after speaking with Sandra at Hogan for the last couple of weeks I've decieded to go to their Oreintation on Monday. I've read all the pro's & con's and as of right now it seems legit. Im going to try to update this as much as possible throughout my exp there. I really dont see a whole lot about Hogan for fairly new-comers like myself and hopefully this will help someone else.

As of right now , I've gone ahead to the greyhound bus comp and picked up my ticket already, they say theyll send you back but just incase Im bringing a few extra bucks to cover.. Im scheduled to leave out on Sat @ 9pm prob going to arrive Sun @ 7 ish, Due to two stops 1 in Bloomingtom and the other somewere in St.Louis. finally being dropped off at Lambert airport than I have to call for the shuttle bus from the Hotel to pick me up. Being the type to not wanting surprises I've called ahead to confirm with the hotel, Holiday Inn Express seems nice , no sauna or jaccuzzi but we get a continetal breakfast so I can live with that.

For some reason we get a whole day to relax and enjoy St.louis ? Oreintation does'nt begin untill Monday... which I dont mind , My hopes are I get a room alone but I doubt that.
    Well, I figure Ill stop here as I'd like to begin again with my expereince of what I'm dealing with. Anbody with any realitive expereince to Hogans Oreintation please feel free and respond Ive read enuff of all the pro's and con's already-Thanks:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Papa_Whiskey_Niner

Papa_Whiskey_Niner Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Belleville, Illinois
    How's it going? Are you still with Hogan? How are they treating you?

4. scotty1216

scotty1216 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I'm thinking of going to hogan anyone in Harrisburg area have any input

5. Pwd923

Pwd923 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2015
    What was orientation like at hogan? Hair or pee test? Hotel any good,meals?

6. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    I worked for hogan a few years ago and pee test was what it was then. Can't tell you about hotel as I live within 10 miles of main terminal. 3 day orientation then took a little test drive from St Louis to Springfield il coke delivery then back to office. Worked there about 6 months but got fed up with all the runs being east of St Louis along 70. Did not know they were mostly east coast region when I hired in.

Lots of p and g soap loads. They have one of the dollar store dedicated accounts that is all driver unload that pays OK if your willing to touch each box on the truck. 65 mph trucks mostly automatic prostars with the electric apu thing that didn't work well. Things might have changed but the truck speeds are still pretty slow I notice.

7. Rayray140

Rayray140 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I had orientation at hogan in Dublin ga an I applied for the Fred's account how is the pay an hometime

8. Rayray140

Rayray140 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I had orientation at hogan in Dublin ga an I applied for the Fred's account how is the pay an hometime

9. Claysapparel

Claysapparel Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Congratulations and good luck.

I believe I read where all companies will be mandated to give hair drug test at the start of the year. Of course, being new I don't know if that's correct or not. Seems Obuma passed some kind of federal mandate for the DOT.

Honestly I don't even know the difference in hair and urine screens. Never really needed to know, I assume hair goes back a few months and urine is shorter.

10. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Hair follicle is not mandatory, though a few companies use the hair follicle test along with the dot-required urine test.

Claysapparel Thanks this.
  11. Claysapparel

Claysapparel Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Right. I had read an article stating a law was passed where all companies would be required to do hair drug test at the start of 2017? Of course, as I stated, I could be wrong or misinterpreting what I was reading. I took it as truck schools and companies would give hair test as soon as the FDA approved the bill, which it stated they had one year to approve. I believe December 2016 was the deadline.

I'm not very knowledgable about the industry or drug screens in general. I was just passing along some info I picked up for be gentleman asking. I've just never been in a position to need to know about that topic.

In no way should someone interpret this as fact. I could be and probably am incorrect.

Maybe @TROOPER to TRUCKER or @Chinatown could chime in on that for you guys. They seem to be schooled on these things.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.