1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I have 0 problem with JBHunt, but union is better.

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    So why don't you go beat your chest on the JB Hunt page?

sedain and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    It will be a cold day in hades when JB Hunt pays a company driver 85K a year.

Pintlehook, sedain and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  5. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    All blowhard has to do is show us a payroll stub. If he has been there less than a year he can prorate it.

6. Mulholland316

Mulholland316 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    Lol, #### I thought I hated mega carrier you guys beat me out by a long shot xD

7. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I thought JB Hunt starts their drivers around mid to low .30s a mile?
    I'm sure different accounts pay different. But .63 is hard to believe.

sedain Thanks this.
  8. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    jb hunt is a mega carrier that has low to mid range pay, their guys that have been with them forever dont do bad but they arent doing 80k,90k/yr with free healthcare. most of their guys make 40-50k,if that..while paying a 100 per week for their healthcare.

not to mention youre expendable at jbhunt, you can be fired for anything..no getting your job back.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Mm, that jb driver is on point. Look at the accessorials. Daycab driver, bumping 4-6 docks a day at $10 each and don't forget that $20/hr while in dock. Got a buddy doing same thing in VA and he's certainly making out like a bandit.

It is true though. Can get fired for a lot. However, knowing how to drive a truck helps here. I'm yet to be cut off by a jb driver, but in Carlisle, going 45mph, it's almost a regular thing for a YRC train to come out of a driveway right in front of me. And that's right. Because they dgaf about getting fired for doing crazy and don't bother to actually learn to drive a truck. I give them an EXTRA wide amount of space because I haven't seen a single one go down the road and not do something stupid.

And before someone goes and jumps on me about why I'm not over at JB doing the same, that's because I don't have any reason to be home every day. That extra money I'd be making would be gone on rent and utilities and then what? I'll take my otr while I'm still young and single.

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I think the local is much easier while young and single. I have just left a job that involved LTL and dragging 2400 pound pallets of rolled plastic from the nose to the rear of the trailer with a pallet jack on a reefer floor is not fun at 63....

sedain Thanks this.
  11. Mulholland316

Mulholland316 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    Don't compare (yellow fright to USF holland ) the comparison is like comparing swift an UPS.

sedain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.