Holy Hanna !!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bzinger, Jan 1, 2018.

1. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I wasn't picking on NAVL I was with them for many years and overall a decent company , it was just an example of a deal I saw that didn't look like it worked on the surface but probably made them money

Oxbow, Shock Therapy and bzinger Thank this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I heard story's ..I go back a couple days .

Oxbow, Shock Therapy and W9onTime Thank this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Checked out the website. I did not like the driver pay being based on years with Morehouse. Not years experience. I will not start anywhere at 42 cpm. The owner op is not very detailed, 70% of what equals what on average? And the video needs to be updated since the new mandate to show how happy those guys are now being forced to elog. I could not find if Morehouse had restriction on truck age and if paper is an option for old truck.

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Then don't apply .

wore out, intrepidor and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Not until I get more information. And it would not be as company man. Did you make the video?

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Don't apply ...you probably wouldn't be a good fit here .

wore out, intrepidor and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Will do. Thanks Tom.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    JEEZBUS... ( I normally don't take it in vain, but that for 90 some odd cents? That's foolish.) You can clear .50 as a company driver if you keep your nose clean.

Now I temper my statement with the life experience of buying a tractor back in the 90s after I had about 6 years in more or less. And was part of a program designed to transition from company drivah to owner operator. No telling where I would be now if that did not get thrown away. It's a shame too, it was a nice running tractor. I did not get too many of those back then.

Dave_in_AZ and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. BB203

BB203 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Missouri Ozarks
    These so called corporate businessmen look only to the short term windfall. They are driven by shareholders who demand that their investment show constantly increasing dividends, either they get them or they get new executives and so the strategy is keep showing a profit no matter what has to be sacrificed.. There is no tomorrow, there is only the next quarterly P&L, the next dividend payout. What we have discussed here is just how the trucking industry does it, or one of the ways at least and the smaller fish see the bigger fish and try to swim like they do constantly trying to improve on the short term percentage.. Greed, yes that is the bottom line. The days of building a business and growing it based on actual production and reputation are gone across the board. This is the way business is done now, in other industries it's cut, cut, cut and downsize which nets a profit on that P&L because there are two ways to increase the bottom line number which is net profit.. Increase profit margin OR decrease liability and loss... It takes a lot of work to increase things, not much at all to cut them down.

The business strategy that @Oxbow talks about is a long term strategy, one that was the basis for the greatest economic growth in history... Post WWII America... The idea that you increased production and insured a financially capable customer base by treating your employees fairly... It was the concept the T model Ford was made from it was the concept unions were founded on.. All of these things now have been sacrificed for the Shareholders statement.. Make as much money as you can by any means necessary as quickly as you can..

The formula for our industry... Buy trucks in bulk at a discount, lease trucks at 150% of MSRP each, make sure that after so many payments are made truck can be taken back and the rpocess started again.. this is but one of the ways to take advantage of people who are discarded out of the industry and replaced with the next sucker needing a job because $40k a year jobs don't grow on trees where they are from...

Of course the solution is unity but imagine that sort of thing happening in today's America....LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.