Home time question

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by bamamac, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    When you are home for weekends is it usually for a day, a day and a half or can you get a full weekend home?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Hello, bamamac. I am Michelle, the wife of a Maverick company driever (James is his name). My husband makes it home most weekends for at least 10 hours (very rare for that) but mostly for 34 hours+. The exact timing of his reset depends on where he has to be for his delivery at the beginning of the week and when he has to be there. The longest he has been home has been starting sometime on a Friday and leaving late on a Sunday (that time the delivery was about 500 miles away and due on early Tuesday). Next weekend might be another longish weekend because he has a doctor's appointment on Monday the 16th but he needs to be out that evening so that I can get one of the cats to the vet by 9 AM on the 17th so I have to have the car available in plenty of time for that.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    My usual hometime is friday evening leaving sunday afternoon/evening. I live in central Missouri.

5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I was deadheaded home on Thursday from Detroit and will.check in on Monday.....4 nights at home....not common.but it does happen....and I still had 2350 miles.for the.week.
    I almost always get my 34 hr reset.

6. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Yes, sorry I just had to.

7. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Usually I am home for 34 to 44 hours. This week home Friday at 2 PM leaving Sunday 2 PM.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    This weekend, hubby will be arriving at the terminal around 12:30 PM today and will be leaving either late Sunday (after 10:30 PM) or early Monday for delivery on Tuesday - delivery got pushed back because he did not get loaded until 5 AM today when original loading time was 5 PM yesterday (shipper delay).

9. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    Me too. Sat for an hour an a half...finally called extended services and asked if I could head home (50 miles). Gotta check-in in the am. Sure was nice to be home for 4 nights...but I am ready to hit the bricks again....gotta knock down some miles:biggrin_25525:

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  10. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I give them 30 minutes....then I am on them...nicely...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.