Home time

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by frank_the_tank, Jun 28, 2010.

1. frank_the_tank

frank_the_tank Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2010
    pittsburgh, pa
    What kind of hometime are you all currently seeing. what is ws's hometime policy? i see alot of you drivers are getting the miles, i'd be interested in seeing some real world numbers $$$ the website isnt real informative unless missed something... thanks!

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Home time is pretty standard 1 day for every 6 out. I personally plan on being out 3-4 weeks then home 3 -4 days. Miles are great and money is good. Better then I initially expected still getting used to getting trip envelopes in to get paid on them.

4. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Frank, just as cage said, hometime is 1 day for every 6 days. I also stay out anywhere from 4-5 weeks at a time. I would like to stay out longer but I got things that I gotta get done at home too! Also when you say its time to work your way home, generally it happens pretty quick, with enough warning they make sure things happen as you plan.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    just be wary that some dms might send you home at 12 days, and that means that since you were not out for the full 14 they can expect you back in only a day.:biggrin_25513:

6. frank_the_tank

frank_the_tank Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2010
    pittsburgh, pa
    based on what others said you get 1 day off for every 6 out. so wouldn't 12 straight equal 2 days off? regardless, WS appears to be a pretty good outfit to drive for....

7. Lynchmob

Lynchmob Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    As far as your pay is concerned. They start you out @ .27cpm and I'm averaging 2800-3200 miles per week. Of course, there is no guarantee of a certain amount of miles from one week to the next. Just my personal experience.

8. WingRider

WingRider Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Frank, W/S doesnt "send" you home, you can stay out as long as you want,I usually stay out 6-8 weeks and then take a week off. I usually let them know about 2 weeks before Im ready to go home, and they start working back to my home area. Sometime I wind up at my home terminal a little earlier than I had planned, you have to be flexible as to the exact dates you plan on being home.

9. noodler

noodler Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    well it depends on where your based out of.....i'm outta NC and i get home almost every weekend, its just set up that way cause we don't normally run west of the mississippi with the white penske trucks, because they dont have enough drivers to move the freight outta NC so they like to get us back as quickly as possible to hook to another trailer

10. Royger

Royger Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Utah
    Do you have to stick strictly to a route? I live 33 miles out of the way if you were going N or S on I-15. From what I've been tracking... Cage, Warp, Deserted that have passed through Utah if I pushed it I could have done my 10 hr reset from home. But My question is if I were to take a different route adding 33 or up to 100 miles out of a planned route would W/S have a problem with that? Also will they let you Bobtail home? I'm 80 miles from the SLC terminal.

11. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    You cant really go that far out of route, remember the truck can report its location and does. So I would not recommend it, however dropping it off at a truck stop and having a loved one come pick you up for the night is allowed. something to think about.

Its W/S Policy that no bobtail home, but there are situations that they allow it, however 80 miles home just because you want to take the truck home, I doubt it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.