Hookups(Fridge, laptop ect.)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DirtyBird, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I was at the lFlying J yesterday and actually looked at some inverters. I think I might be going with Roehl (provided I cough up my tax stuff, lol)...but I dont know if they allow inverters or not. Plus...I figure if they do...I don't know how much theyd like me tapping into the batteries (that and Id probably kill myself trying to do that).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hopfrog

Hopfrog Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Whoa how big is your sleeper? You have a photo of this setup? Thats a lot of stuff. Is weight ever a problem?

4. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    When you say connects.. Do you do it yourself like you are jumping someone's vehicle? Or is it permenantly attatched and the cords ran up under the dash? Do you own your own truck or did you have to get permission to have all that stuff in the truck?

Suzi

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

At my boyfriend's company, they can have a little plug-in inverter of 400 amps. Anything bigger that needs to be hard-wired to the battery, they have to do it (no charge).

6. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    So running a tv 24 36 hours wouldnt kill the batteries?

7. crazymama

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    What about some sort of battery that could be charging while driving and then use it when stopped. Seems like with a set up like that it would not require hooking up directly to the battery and could hold quite a bit of juice.???

Suzi

8. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2007
    That's essentially the setup on the battery based APUs, only they toss in HVAC as well.

9. crazymama

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    How cool? I've been looking at inverters/chargers that also hook up to separate batteries. If I understand what I'm seeing the batteries would be charging up during drive time. I can't tell for certain but it appears that they can charge from the ciggarette lighter but hardwire is still recommended. I'm really technically challenged though so I'm not certain.

Suzi

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

LOL... I don't have all that on mine. I have/had a lap-top. Micro fridge, microwave and a TV.

Many drivers use their top bunk or remove the bunk and put in shelving. I put in shelving when I was OTR. I had the fridge, and 2 cabinets with 3 drawers each...and a cubbyhole for my coffee pot. The TV and dvd player went in the "stock" shelves. I kept a grill for sandwich making in another cabinet.

With the cabinet set-up I used, I had tons of space. Yes, I have pics...but no way to scan them for upload...sorry. Weight never was an issue.

11. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

ohhhh yeah the Micro Fridge, lol. I saw those in college and the 2nd year I was there, I had one with me for the rest of the year...I think it was like 100 bucks for a semester or year or whatever...well worth it. Dinky Freezer, but decent sized mini-fridge...just a good combo for everything..all in one unit too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.