Hoosier Tradewinds

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dispatcher1, Aug 13, 2007.

1. dispatcher1

dispatcher1 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Arcadia, Indiana
    Yellowrose-

I think the Guns, Guts and Glory just did not want to have a negative ad placed in their little trucker book. They are a Christian company also. The publisher is extremely nice and he told me that if I ever needed a reference, he would be glad to give me one. He didn't even know me from Adam, but when I explained to him what Tradewinds was doing, he told me that I was doing the right thing. I will have to tell you the story sometime. I don't think the Tradewinds can legally hold your husband's check. I think that the labor board can and will do something about that. You will just have to contact them to see. I do hope your husband finds a job if he hasn't already. I bet David Josephson is the one who wanted your husband to pick up a faulty trailer. DOT would be interested in knowing that Tradewinds trailers are still not being inspected. This is another way to get back at them. Well gotta run. Have homework to do. I am going to college Business Management.:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yellowrose_86

Yellowrose_86 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    My parents are working on the whole process. I will keep you updated. This company does need to be shown a thing or two. You can't just run over your drivers like that and treat them like horse crap.

My husand is having a hard time finding a decent truck company that doesn't lie to him and that actually pays somewhat decently. On top of that we've had some problems with his license due to some child support from a previous marriage that we haven't been able to pay due to the fact that he hasn't gotten a paycheck.

He is probably going to just re-enlist.. the sign on bonus is too tempting to pass up for us right now with our truck broken down and us needing a vehicle and living in my parents garage and the whole thing with the child support now he can't even get a truck driving job.. I'm hoping with it being the national gaurd that because the unit he would be with is already deployed that he won't be deployable for at least a year :( I don't want him to miss our daughter's first birthday.

How long have you been in school for business management? What are you planning on doing with it? Maybe you'll eventually start up a trucking company down the road that is a good decent company and you can hire my husband ;)

4. dispatcher1

Jul 24, 2007
    Arcadia, Indiana
    Hi Yellowrose-

I am sorry about the the negative things that are happening in your lives. Could your husband possibly call and talk to his ex-wife? I have the National Guard. Back in 2000, my husband re-enlisted and all they told him were lies. They offered him a bonus and got half of it about 6-8 weeks after his re-enlistment. Gary had already put in 14 yrs in the military and he was told that he only had to put in 6 more years. Well, after his 6 yrs, guess what? They told him that he had put in 4 more yrs to get his retirement. During this six years, they had sent him to school just to turn around to let him know that what he had gone to school for, there was no position for. All they do is lie to everyone. He could have stayed in , but both of us were tired of all the crap and lies. He could have gotten another strip, but then I would have had to attend certain functions, even if I had no desire to, and I told him that my ### was not stamped "US GOVERNMENT". There was one incident where he called in on the week-end that he was to have duty. He received a phone call that stated if he did not attend his week-end duty, he would be considered AWOL. Well that really p----- me off so I contacted Senator Bayh, explained what happened and guess what, there was an investigation and Gary was not counted as being AWOL. I am not one to lay down and just let someone walk over me. I am a doer. I just wish that there was something I could do for the both of you. I also have unlimited long distance, so no matter where I call, am charged one fee. We can call anywhere in the states for just one fee.

I have just started school. It will take a year and a half. Our goal is to start up our own business after I graduate. We are not sure what, but we have time to decide. I love my business class but hate accounting. I went to work today just to find out that there was nothing for me to do. I plan on studying all day. I have a test in accounting on Friday. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I will keep your family in my prayers.

5. Yellowrose_86

Apr 29, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Dispatcher-

She changes her number more times than a person with ADD changes their mind (that is no offense to anyone as my brother has ADHD- so the doctor's say) but it's true. We can never contact her and she is just a B**** to put it lightly. I don't hardly ever cuss or get mad but when it comes to her I do. She is more concerned about living comfortably when she has a new vehicle and what not.. I won't get into it, haha, it just turns me from the sweet, mild mannered person I am in into a lioness on the prowl protecting her family.

Yeah I don't know what to think of him re-enlisting.. but even half of the re-enlistment bonus that they are offering right now would help us out ALOT. It took your email off of here so you can PM it to me if you'd like and then we can email back and forth. I will have to see what the military does. As long as he doesn't get deployed I can put up with quite a bit.. we need the money too bad not to. Our truck just quit on us the other day on top of everything and it has been acting up really bad. We're trying to sell it to get money for a more family oriented vehicle and we have really nice guy that is going to sell us an 87 bronco II that is in really good shape for 500 but with how the truck is acting up we won't be able to sell it for the money that we need for the Bronco. I never really did like that truck haha, but I put up with it because at least it was a dependable truck.. up until recently. I finally made it to my WIC appt today and was able to get checks for milk and things like that..

Anywho, I hope schooling is going well for you :-D feel free to pm me your email and I'll send you a note :-D

6. dispatcher1

Jul 24, 2007
    Arcadia, Indiana
    :yes2557:Yellowrose-

I understand about the money. Don't understand the pm. Can u enlighten me a bit? Will get back to you.

7. Yellowrose_86

Apr 29, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Dispatcher-

If you send me a private message with your email then I can email you. They edit out your email because email addresses are not allowed in posts. :-D

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You can send e-mail addresses that way. We just can't have them posted publicly for security reasons.

9. dispatcher1

Jul 24, 2007
    Arcadia, Indiana
    Yellowrose-

I need to have 50 posts before I can send you a PM. I am not sure what my count is. I hope you are having a good week-end. Mine is ok, but could be better. I got a B on both my accounting and business mid-terms. I have just started school, but will be glad when Sept. 09(when I graduate) gets here. Trying to raise kids, work, keep up with the apartment and studying takes it toll. How is your baby and hubby doing? Try to keep your chin up. God is always there beside you. I am going to converse as much as I can with you so that I can send you a PM. When you said that, all I could think of was oil change. Look forward to your reply.

10. Yellowrose_86

Apr 29, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    A B is still pretty good :-D you're doing more than I ever think I could. Even the thought of going back to work is pretty scary. I don't really want to work.. my daughter is 4 months old.. I don't want to miss out on things by going back to work that a stranger like a day care person would be the one to see. We got someone to buy the truck... :) they're supposed to be coming this weekend to get it so hopefully that will all work out. Then we're going to take some of it to get a used SUV that someone is willing to sell us for a really good price that is more of a family vehicle.

I forgot the whole thing about the posts. You have like 17 haha.. so it'll be awhile before you can send a PM. I have awhile to go as well.

Our next step is to hopefully get into our own place. I really want a place to call my own that I can decorate and do all that "homely" stuff to.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, what the 2 of you can do is send a PM to a moderator. You can do that, and one of us can forward it for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.