Hoosier Tradewinds

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dispatcher1, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Half a Load

Half a Load Light Load Member

Any new news on Tradewinds?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    I have a friend where i am working, his daughter drives for them. They are still running POS equipment. She tried to come work with us, but didn't have the time to do it. Word i have is they are running Schilli equipment. Hope this helps ya out.

Half a Load Thanks this.
  4. Half a Load

Hate to sound stupid, being a veteran driver an all, but what is Schilli? Is that a company or an expression? :smt117

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Half a Load Thanks this.
  6. leftlane

leftlane Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2010
    detroit mi.
    i currently drive for tradewinds so i can answer this for you schilli is schilli national lease which is a branch of schilli transportation ot of southern indiana and yes the trucks are ALL pieces of crap:biggrin_25513:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
  7. Half a Load

So.....they called me yesterday and said they reserved me a bus ticket out there....would you:
    A: get on a bus to a new driving career.
    B: Use the ticket to wipe your backside
    C: give the bus ticket to your Mom, who always wanted to visit Indiana
    D: give the ticket to some other trucker that is stranded in my home state and lives in Indiana?
    :biggrin_25516:

8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    answer D:

NEVER take a bus to a new job! Never work or drive for a company more than 200 miles away or 3 hours driving in your car or riding on your bike to get there!
    Always have a good relieable way home so you can quit ON THE YARD as explained in this thread http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...trucking-company-here/118734-how-to-quit.html But it is to your advantage that you have your own ride at the yard! it's a ton charper than a bus ticket that this BFI you hired on with might not give you and if you didn't stop at the house before you quit to clean out the truck then you have a lot of crapola to get home and every bag over the 1st checked bag will cost you $50 each!

hope this helped!

Half a Load Thanks this.
  9. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    It is really sad, but I have only worked for a couple of companies that advertise thier "christian values." I find that in reality what they were doing was using christ as a proxy shield so they could screw people, and then when people would complain about the screwin, they simply hide behind the "No us, were good christian folk" defense.

I find that religion is an intensly personal decision, and it is best left as that, something personal. Not to say that values that one derives form thier religon have no place in the work place because they do.

I more than anything want to see a business have core values and stick to them. Just so as long as those core values are ones that I agree with such as:

Honesty is the Best Policy.

"A penny saved is a penny earned"

"Treat people how you want to be treated"

"Do what you say, and say what you mean"

None of which are hard, all of which are essential to the right kind of succsess.

Half a Load and LindaLou Thank this.
  10. runion25

runion25 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    west virginia
    I quit their about a month ago... its kind of a long story so if anyone is interested than just let me know cause it will take a while to type. lets just say they may say they have christian roots but their far from it.

Half a Load and J P Thank this.
  11. Half a Load

Let's hear it, I got nothing better to do..........:biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.