Hoosier Tradewinds

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Chopperjohn, Feb 27, 2008.

1. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    What does the banned or retired under Georgia Girls name mean. I have never seen that before. Does that mean the company mole got on here spread their 2 posts then canceled their deal? Interesting. I also have to say that some of them are good people. They can't all be good or they would not be knowingly bouncing things that take a week to show up. Also got charged a $250 trailer recovery fee when I dropped it at their drop yard in West Carrollton at A.P. Anything they can do to not have to pay me my remaining money thats owed. If anybody comes here and thinks I am full of it, call them up and sign on with them please. It will not take long for you to see the light. Age old saying, a leopard does not change its spots. They have been having financial issues (bankruptcy back in 08') for years and years. There are posts going all the way back to 07' on here for the exact same stuff that is still happening today. But don't take mine or anybody elses word for it, grow some nuts and go find out for yourself if you think they sound so good. Hell they make it easy to come on right now. That one guy got his online app approved 4 hours after he submitted it. It was that fast for a reason. Plenty of seats for all, hop in, be a LP, have your checks bounce like a Spalding, leave and try again elsewhere, but don't say we didn't warn you.:biggrin_25513:

Half a Load Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Banned or Retired means that the person did something (usually many times) in violation of the FORUM rules. We do not take any actions on behalf of any company around here. All members are allowed to post their opinions on this forum as long as they follow the forum rules.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    She must have really done the pooch if she has been a member for what 5 days and has only the 1 post left? I must have missed that outbreak of informative adjectives verbs and nouns!

5. FutureICETrucker

FutureICETrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Indianapolis,IN
    It's been awhile since I posted on this forum but after typing tradewinds into the search engine it lead me back here. I should have read the reviews before joining Tradewinds. I joined them this past December although I am no longer with them after quiting. I spoke to other drivers who has been with them longer. Most of them have nothing positive to say about the company. The most common complaints were about the bouncing checks and fuel rationing. I thought to myself..hmmm.. if this happened to them then what could possibly be in store for me.

When I first started I had to give the company an honest try despite what rumors I heard. Unfortunately, a few weeks later those rumors I heard earlier were confirmed to be true. What happened to them did happened to me. Taking no chance I had taken the checks to the company's bank PNC after being warned by the other drivers (this raised the red caution flag) because I could not afford any bounced check charges or the risk of being reported to chex systems (trust me you do not want that). When I tried to cash them for the first time the old lady shook her head and told me the money wasn't in there yet. I was like..Huh?? You're kidding right? What do you mean the money isn't in there?, I asked. She told me some bank out of Utah has to wire money in and that it hasn't hit yet. I then called the office payroll and was told, "Sorry, I don't know what to tell you." I was not too happy with that response. Note: What I find interesting is that the company is aware of the bounce check charge practice but yet has no regard of any negative repercussions liable to the driver from their bank.

Speaking on the principle of "integrity" I use to own a successful seasonal service business (window washing) consisting of 4 employees. Not once have any of my employees had their checks bounced. Integrity is one of the main key ingredients for running any business of any size. If I were to put in practice what Tradewinds was doing to their drivers the quality of service would suffer in the long run. If you want lower turn over stop playing games with your employees and their banks. Thank god I didn't deposit any of their checks in my bank and found out first hand at their bank. Right now I work for another small trucking company and guess what no bounced checks and I even get pre and EZ pass what a concept for an easier life on the road. If another small company can succeed without bouncing employee checks then there's no excuse.

As for "open door", now it makes sense why the exterior doors of their building are mag locked to keep some of the drivers out from collecting their pay...funny I still didn't get my money yet. :biggrin_25522:

Bottom line:

You want bounce checks, fuel rationing, and no EZ/Pre Pass with low safety rating (getting pulled in for inspections) go find out the hard way
    by joining them..however, you don't have to take my word for it even though I already found out the hard way.

A company's word is only good as it's actions. Just look at ARROW TRUCKING :biggrin_25514: need I say more

Good luck everyone and safe driving!

6. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    Wonder where the defenders are. Must be trying to collect their money and don't have time to post, or they quit. Oh well. They just keep coming out of the woodwork now don't they? The "recruiters" must be busy selling their soul.:yes2557:

Half a Load Thanks this.
  7. helpinghand

helpinghand Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2011
    yeah, right??? Who on earth would continue to work for a company that filed bankruptcy??

8. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    There's 2 new Ripoff Reports on these guys now. Someone posted one of them and I posted the other one on a different thread on here. For something that supposedly is not true sure is a lot of bad things popping up by the day isn't there?:biggrin_25525:

Half a Load Thanks this.
  9. J P

J P Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wilmington OH
    Has anybody had them mess with their DAC when they have left? I am gonna wait about a month or so and pull a copy and see if they put any BS on there. Just curious since they are charging me for a trailer recovery fee when I dropped their trailer at their customer drop yard. Shouldn't be too hard to prove my innocence with pages and pages of terrible things that go right along with what I have been saying. Oh yeah and my last check that they owe me has not arrived yet either. Should have been there yesterday. Not gonna hold my breath or this will be me:biggrin_25513:

10. TRUCKER23

TRUCKER23 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I have first hand knowledge that they bounce checks, rarely have money in fuel account, and to make matters worse, they take out child support out of our pay, and keep it without paying the state. which reminds me, they are way behind on paying taxes also

J P and Half a Load Thank this.
  11. TRUCKER23

TRUCKER23 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.